Not enough funds?

I'm trying buying Aguero for £25 m from Atl. Madrid in 24 monthly installments. 0 upfront and the rest 25 million spreaded between the 24 months. At. Madrid agreed. But I keep getting "Liverpool do not currently have enough funds yto complete the transfer for Sergio Aguero". Why? I'm not paying anything upfront - as I said 0 :(

I'm trying buying Aguero for £25 m from Atl. Madrid in 24 monthly installments. 0 upfront and the rest 25 million spreaded between the 24 months. At. Madrid agreed. But I keep getting "Liverpool do not currently have enough funds yto complete the transfer for Sergio Aguero". Why? I'm not paying anything upfront - as I said 0 :(

You need to have the transfer fee in your transfer budget even though you're offering it over 24 months.

Yeah, you need some proportion of it - I've never worked out exactly how much, but probably as AcidBurn says. Fairly obvious really that you can't just go and set up loads of deals on 24 month payments with £0 upfront that would allow you to commit yourself to paying £200 million over the next 2 years when you have next to nothing in your transfer kitty!

For payments over 24 months, I think you need the upfront fee and half of the monthly installments fee.

Example.

You want to buy Player X for 30m.

You offer 10m upfront and 20m over 24 months.

You would need to have 20m in the bank. The reason for this is because the first 12 months obviously come out of your seasonal budget.

It does, of course, depend on the length of time you want the payments over, if they are only 12 months then you need all the money in your kitty, but as the ever correct :p Neji has already said, you need half the cash, but be aware that if you don't get much money next year, you will go into debt, happened to me before and I lost my job :(

It does, of course, depend on the length of time you want the payments over, if they are only 12 months then you need all the money in your kitty, but as the ever correct :p Neji has already said, you need half the cash, but be aware that if you don't get much money next year, you will go into debt, happened to me before and I lost my job :(

Yeah. Thanks for that. I realise my first sentence was a bit misleading :) I'll edit it incase anyone reads it and gets confused :D

Archived