Cash after league games transfer clause

I've seen a few player transfers that have numerous cash after games clauses. For instance Benjani at Man City has three such clauses, Man City need to pay Portsmouth after 25, 50 and 75 games. Also at Man City is Daniel Sturridge who's transfer from Coventry included four such cash after games clauses.

My question is this, i've wanted to sell/buy players in structured deals where i can set up an agreement where money is due after say 10, 20 and 50 games, however when i try to set this up the transfer screen will only allow me to add on cash after games clause. Is this set in stone or is there anyway to get round this situation? I ask because i like to sign a lot of youth players and this could potentially save me some money on the numerous duds.

I've seen a few player transfers that have numerous cash after games clauses. For instance Benjani at Man City has three such clauses, Man City need to pay Portsmouth after 25, 50 and 75 games. Also at Man City is Daniel Sturridge who's transfer from Coventry included four such cash after games clauses.

My question is this, i've wanted to sell/buy players in structured deals where i can set up an agreement where money is due after say 10, 20 and 50 games, however when i try to set this up the transfer screen will only allow me to add on cash after games clause. Is this set in stone or is there anyway to get round this situation? I ask because i like to sign a lot of youth players and this could potentially save me some money on the numerous duds.

i think you can only do it with one which should be changed imo.. its a good idea that you came up with though :) try posting it in the FM09 thread, it could get some response and is a good way to do transfers.

Surely if you just setup a deal to pay most of the cash after 40 league appearances (or whatever the options are) that would be sufficient to weed out the duds? If you've played a player 40 times either he isn't a dud or you really were desperate!

Archived