Ouch! My Pride...

Ugh...

So those moments that really... As it says, hurt your Pride in the game.

So far, 100% this season, and it's seriously looking like my team is unbeatable, so what happens in a cup, with a near full strength side... That's right a pathetic draw to Colchester (currently mid table in the Championship)!

Hey it could have been worse, you could have lost. Had that happen to me a few times, i've got a team that can destroy Chelsea and yet i lose to southampton. Sigh.

By the time the sixth goal went in as I slumped to a 6-0 defeat away at Wrexham that all but confirmed my relegation with Gillingham a few years ago, my pride said "Ouch".

I'm still having trouble prying my pride out of its hole, where it's been locking itself in for the last few weeks. It all happened because I was on a full-win spree in the League 2, after 30 games without losing, I found myself in the league against Bury.

In the 30th minute, I was 1 goal up. They had a man sent off. So in the remaining 15 minutes, I scored 1 more before the end of the first half.

I had a very nice teamtalk, because my players had a great morale, so I was pleased.

The moment they stepped onto the field, they got Buryd. I eventually lost the game 2-5 against an opponent who was down with 10 men on the field. It didn't matter what I did, as everything proved useless against a team this determined to turn things around.

My pride didn't say "ouch". My pride is sulking in the corner with the door locked. For a few weeks already.

I'd hate to think what state your 'pride' would be in if you suffered a major drama.

Well in terms of the game... It gets a decent result. Such as: Sacking my assitant, coaches and players, spending £30-40 million in the last week of a transfer window, dropping the worlds best player for a month, relegating good players to the reserves, refusing to play them and then selling them the next window, blooding 16 year olds as proper first team players... Normally fixes the problem...

Losing 4-3 after holding a 0-3 halftime lead against major rivals in the Serbian League

as the half progressed my heart just sank, and there wasn't any of this injury time late goal crap either

they got 4 goals before the 85th minute.. 'twas a shame. i deserved to retire right then and there, but i didn't :D

Two in the same career for me, firstly i took Hitchin to the premier league in 2024, where we struggled for half a decade and then wham! i hit magic formula and finsihed fourth.

So i thought new season, new stadium (the wonderfully original Hitchin Stadium) and champions league football this going to be the start of something great. Well we lost to Bronby in the qualfying round of the champs league and then club brugge in the 1st round of the uefa cup (i think the technical term is called doing an Everton) we were 14th in the league at christmas and then without warning i was sacked....on Christmas Day!!!

I floated around in the FM ether for a month before i was approached by Arsenal who were rock bottom of the premiership but had huge buckets of dosh and a world class squad, unfortunately the players morale was shot and a couple of bad injuries didnt help, however i was virtually in tears when just 29 days later i was sacked having not won a game. I never even had a chance to spend any of the 180mill transfer pot i was given.

Needless to say i deleted that game shortly afterwards.

Two in the same career for me, firstly i took Hitchin to the premier league in 2024, where we struggled for half a decade and then wham! i hit magic formula and finsihed fourth.

So i thought new season, new stadium (the wonderfully original Hitchin Stadium) and champions league football this going to be the start of something great. Well we lost to Bronby in the qualfying round of the champs league and then club brugge in the 1st round of the uefa cup (i think the technical term is called doing an Everton) we were 14th in the league at christmas and then without warning i was sacked....on Christmas Day!!!

I floated around in the FM ether for a month before i was approached by Arsenal who were rock bottom of the premiership but had huge buckets of dosh and a world class squad, unfortunately the players morale was shot and a couple of bad injuries didnt help, however i was virtually in tears when just 29 days later i was sacked having not won a game. I never even had a chance to spend any of the 180mill transfer pot i was given.

Needless to say i deleted that game shortly afterwards.

Never been that far down in all honesty... That sucks... I normally make incredibly rash and drastic moves everytime something goes slightly wrong, which has seemed to be the answer in all but one case, which was in the first season. I nearly got myself relegated as I managed to **** off the squad when I sacked Oakley as Captain for 2 red cards in 3 matches... Though Sergey Ignashevich was ultimately the hero as the side pulled off some last minute results to stay in the top flight.

In terms of going forward, I've found in this game the only way to achieve success is to take massive risks. ie. Spending so much that the club is £10 million in debt before the season starts, promising European Qualification after narrowly avoiding relegation... That kind of thing.

i was doing well with birmingham and then slumped to 5 defeats on the bounce

6-0 vs Arsenal

6-1 vs Chelsea

7-2 vs Man City

5-0 vs West Brom

and 4-1 vs Crystal Palace in the cup.

i resigned soon after.

i was doing well with birmingham and then slumped to 5 defeats on the bounce

6-0 vs Arsenal

6-1 vs Chelsea

7-2 vs Man City

5-0 vs West Brom

and 4-1 vs Crystal Palace in the cup.

i resigned soon after.

did you forget your number 1 goalie at home? These were heavy defeats! Lucky i never had such a bad run! your players must be in bits...

My pride went "ouch" when the Coventry board refused to offer me a new contract. I'd played two seasons, occupying lower mid-table, but I'd started out with a club that was broke and I'd made them a good bit of money.

They then added insult to injury by asking me to resign after I applied for a job somewhere else. I wish I could say that FM was being unrealistic, but football chairmen really aren't know for their rationality and logic! Coventry proceeded to bomb out of the Championship the following season, while I lead Hansa Rostock to the Bundesliga!

Archived