Expanding co-owned stadium

Hi,

Has anyone successfully expanded a stadium that is owned by more than one club?

For example:

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (Milan, Inter)

Stadio Olimpico (Roma, Lazio)

Luigi Ferraris (Sampdoria, Genoa)

etc.

I was managing Sampdoria, had enough money and attendance, the board approve the expansion except that they never do so.

Now I'm managing Genoa and the situation is the same; enough money, good attendance, the board is approving of the expansion,

but they never execute.

I have expanded the stadium in the past with teams like Cisco Roma and Chievo.

I'm thinking maybe Luigi Ferraris being co-owned by two clubs has something to do with this nonsense.

I'm Sampdoria and I just got the stadium expanded. Well I haven't checked to see that it was actually done but my attendance was down while it was under construction. I was wondering the same thing you were when I took the job at Doria. I did make some changes with FMM so that might have been why I got it and you have not.

Thanks for your response.

stinger061:

- How could you tell who owns the stadium, if two clubs play in it?

- "a fair amount of money" - how much are we talking about here? $30M or $100M?

alluciano:

You can check the stadium expansion status in the "Information" screen. If the club is indeed expanding,

it says something like (5000 new seats to be completed 8/30/2010) or something similar like that.

I have never seen that message to appear with Doria or Genoa, despite having the money, enough attendance,

and the board's approval. My game has no changes with FMM; just default database from 8.0.2.

kiwityke,

That may be the case.

If so, it is very misleading of Doria board to approve the expansion, something they actually cannot approve.

Stadium expansion would not be a problem when the stadium is already big, like Milan or Inter.

But with Luigi Ferraris with 35000 people, it's a bit tough if I can't expand it to 50000-ish number.

Marseille07,

I agree totally, the reason I gave is probably the reason, its just been poorly implemented into FM. They should say 'sorry we are unable to expand the stadium at this time, as we don't own it' with the possible addition of 'and we are unable to finance the construction of a new stadium at this time'. This would pretty much give you a clear indication of the situation. As it stands I don't think you will find out due to the poor implementation of council owned stadiums in FM.

I thought there was no co-ownership of stadiums in this game? For Milan, the stadium is called "Stadium San Siro" while for Inter, it's "Stadium Giuseppe Meazza", and they exist as two separate stadiums in the game, probably to avoid the difficulty that Inter and Milan can't technically have home games at the same time.

I'm not sure. I know Inter fans call the stadium as "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" and Milan fans call the stadium "San Siro," so SI probably knows about it and created an alias for the stadium. That does not mean that the stadium is registered as two different entities though (I kind of doubt that it is registered as two).

And I believe FM resolves stadium conflict issue. As far as I know, Milan and Inter do not have their home games on the same date.

Even the Milan derby, one team is designated as home and the other team as away, that is actually the case in real life as well.

If I were to build a new stadium, how much money do I need? I've had probably around $100M balance

with Doria but the board did not build one.

It totally depends on how big the new stadium is going to be. In my at least half of the funds come from selling the current ground. As you don't have this option it is doubtfull thae board will be willing to take a loan for the whole project. I have yet to see the board use the funds the club has to build a stadium. (But as I said this is only in my experience)

So basically I don't think you will get a new stadium sadly, mate.

So I finally checked and my stadium capacity is the same but I did get under soil heating. I'm not so sure anymore if I was suppose to get more seats, I think it was just the under soil heating. I wonder if expanding is treated the same as upgrading in FM08.

Archived