Up to date Transfers and Strips

Maybe you can save me from posting another thread. Started games with 3 seperate teams. Milan, Valencia & PSG. Each time have got to a point of being well clear in the league at christmas, but have choaked in the final few weeks. Have you found the game harder after the patch, or am I still a young Naive 'Keegan'?

I really have found pretty similar in terms of difficulty after the patch, to be honest. There are plenty of places around the forums where you can get tips if you need them. I am no expert but here is one i can give you. Squad rotation and lighter training help to keep players fresh for the crunch games at the end of the season. Hope that helps.

Maybe I am insulting your intelligence by saying this but if you need at any help installing the strips or the updated database, let me know. :)

You have to extract them to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/graphics.

Then Load up FM2008 and go into preferences and then go to display and sound.

Untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirm' and confirm the changes

Go back into preferences and tick 'use skin cache' and untick 'always reload skin on confirm' and confirm the changes

Hope you get that.

EDIT: Should have mentioned to extract them download WinRAR. Then right click on the downloaded file nad choose extract from the menu. Anyway I need to get some sleep. So you can let me know sometime tomorrow if you get that done.

can't find a graphics folder, just a file that needs to be opened with another program

You need to create the graphics folder. Go to My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008, right click and choose new folder. Name it graphics.

Some sites do it really good, some even better than the official SI data patches in some areas. But there are lots of data files flying around which are buggy or uncomplete. I also suggest you to wait the end of transfer season before starting. It is unbalanced if you start a game with some teams completed their new squad and some are still hunting for players.

Archived