getting rid

Could anyone give me any tips on how to get rid of players I dont want (without releasing them), could be selling techniques beside transfer listing and offering to blubs or another way to get rid as I have started a new game with ajax and it seems that some of the worst and oldest players are on the highest contracts.

thanks

I also have problems with that. Neither I know the solution, but one thing you can do to against it is not offering long term contracts when not necessary. And never sign more players than you need. Also, never let your assistant handle contract renewals, neither for reserves or youngsters.

That wasn't a useful comment, I know. :)

This is one my biggest gripes with the current transfer system in FM, it is very difficult to get rid of players you do not want unless they are 1st team regulars who have been playing well,

The only options that are really available to you are to release the players you really don't want, wait until their contracts run out or cheat by adding another manager and buying them off yourself (not that I condone this btw, just pointing it out as people do do this), alternatively, you can also use FMM to get rid of them, althought this is also a little dubious for some people

If these players are a big drain on your finances and you cannot sell them, try offering them a paycut

yes this is a problem in the game where players who you dont want rarely get moved on since they nromally demand too much for lower clubs (who they would be moving too) or are just not interested in moving. Also there is not enough circulation of players through AI clubs imo.

Anyway back to the main topic, you can sell the unwanted players easier if you give them a run in the first team for a few games. I know this may not seem like the best idea as them playing in the team is the reason why you want to sell them, but playing them for 10 or so games a season could be the diference between 0 and 5mil. Hope that helps since there isnt really much other advice to give i think

This is one of the things I have tried to find a good method for. I tend to do the obvious thing, putting them on the transfer list, and then on top of that setting their squad status to 'Not Needed' and also setting them as unavailable for loan, if that isn't already the case.

Chances are that if you want rid, most other teams at your level aren't going to want them either, so you should only expect offers from clubs a few leagues below you. Problem is if your in the Championship, for example, with a striker you want rid of, he might still have a value of a couple of hundred thousand, money which League 2 clubs just wouldn't have so be prepared to accept a lot less than the player's value. In fact I find that you can get the most money and the quickest sale out of a transfer like this by setting the asking price very low, so low, lower clubs will be queuing up, wait for an offer and then negotiating the price up, seems in my experience AI clubs will pay a higher price if you start low and work up.

Also, try to stick a sell on clause on there if you can, you might not want him but if he plays well for his new club and someone else will pay to take him of their hands then that little bit extra might come in handy for you.

Hope this helps

...you can sell the unwanted players easier if you give them a run in the first team for a few games. I know this may not seem like the best idea as them playing in the team is the reason why you want to sell them, but playing them for 10 or so games a season could be the difference...

I have found that this sometimes helps. Throw in a friendly or two every so often and give those guys a run out. Not a bad opportunity to test out some Reserves, too. Make that friendly against a horrible team so that those players you're trying to offload can get some good game scores. It impresses.

The best method that works for me is to set their squad status as "not needed", and set their transfer status to "transfer listed". Then I would lower the asking price to lower than half their value cause that will get teams interested. If you want to get rid of a player you don't need, you will have to sacrifice losing some transfer fee and not getting much in the deal. But at least you get rid of the unwanted player and regain some wages.

I'm glad its not easy to get rid of players, but I have to say that is too hard as well.

After a season at Derby, no one wants Kenny Miller or Robert Earnshaw at a cut price.

250-500K when they are full internationals and they are worth over 2million.

Not even anyone wanting a loan deal? They've played a few games here and there so they've been in the shop window. Just seems just a tad too harsh.

I had the same issue with Pearson until just now as well. Had to play him in some first team games as sub and other teams got interested eventually.

Its shouldn't be easy to sell players, but it needs to be around 10-20% easier to sell than is currently the case.

Archived