The save game could not be loaded

Ok, i no i had a thread like this just yesterday, but i'm new to the forums and im not sure how to use the search function after the site 'updated'.

Anyway my problem is when i try to load my game a message appears saying 'The save game could not be loaded'.

It started after i was reading a thread about 'Do you play in windowed mode or full-screen mode'. I then read people's advice to try windowed mode for myself as I always wanted to do it. But after i went to 'Properties' on the Football Manager icon and added the text need to play in windowed mode(I think the text was something like 'Small-Windowed_Mode' or something along the lines of that) this message would appear.

I figured this must be something to do with the windowed mode, so i removed the text, and the game went back to full-screen mode. But the message continues to appear.

Any help is really appreciated as this is my favourite FM game of the years(all 2 of 'em:P) i've been playing.

BTW-

My 'Auto save interval' is set to 'Every month' , and although i dont know what this does i know that i never have files saying <Name of Game V2/V3>. I have only had a V2 or V3 appear before, when a similar thing happened.

Also;My'Auto save mode' is set to 'Single file' and compress save games is ticked. And i save the game regularly- e.g. every week or so. And finally i had another saved game, which was only in 2007(oppossed to the one that wont load which is 2013), and this loaded fine.

Please help!!!:) thanks

Yeah, first of all you could have looked at your subscribed threads. It gives you a list of all the threads you have posted in.

Anyway 'auto save interval' means how often the game automatically saves itself. Every month means it will save once a month (game time). You would not have v2/v3 because the auto save mode is 'single file'. Rolling autosave is reccomended as the game will autosave in a the default file, then in a v2 file and then in a v3 file before going back to the default file again. This means you will always have 2 back ups incase one of them gets corrupted.

Anyway, to the problem. As I said in the previous thread, it is extremely unlikely have anything to do with going into windowed mode. First of all install the latest patch. If it still does not work then and other save games load the unfortunately, it is most probably corrupt which means you can't use it anymore. That is why back-ups are important. Hope it is not corrupt, though.

Yeah, first of all you could have looked at your subscribed threads. It gives you a list of all the threads you have posted in.

Anyway 'auto save interval' means how often the game automatically saves itself. Every month means it will save once a month (game time). You would not have v2/v3 because the auto save mode is 'single file'. Rolling autosave is reccomended as the game will autosave in a the default file, then in a v2 file and then in a v3 file before going back to the default file again. This means you will always have 2 back ups incase one of them gets corrupted.

Anyway, to the problem. As I said in the previous thread, it is extremely unlikely have anything to do with going into windowed mode. First of all install the latest patch. If it still does not work then and other save games load the unfortunately, it is most probably corrupt which means you can't use it anymore. That is why back-ups are important. Hope it is not corrupt, though.

ok thanks very much for the advice and help:)

• 3 months later...

Archived