Commenary editing

Yep, whs: it is possible, and that's the file to edit. I STRONGLY recommend that you back up the original file, and if you decide to bite off editing the entire thing, save frequently and test your work:

1. Errors in formatting can cause the file (and therefore, your game) to fail to load.

2. Errors in formatting are tough to spot.

3. Some lines of commentary don't play when you would expect them to play.

I did it with the CM 97/98 version. It was regular text file but it was quite strict with parameters and IDs and even a small glitch could break the whole thing. It was worth when there were no match enginre but since the 2d view I totally ignore commentary because what is see tells much more than the commentatry. well, I like additional comments like in game stats.

Back then the data editor was harder to use and there were only 9 leagues to use. I had a strange plan and I imported all the major Euro teams into premiership to create some sort of Champs League with in England. It was kind of cool to have league of all italian, spanish, English, German, etc giants in one league. I remember one funny thing about it as well; I had Steaue from Romania because they were best of that region back in the days but they werenot in EU :) so when the game started Steaue squad was totally unavailable except three Romanian. No suprire they went all the way down the second division quite fast.

Archived