FM and being a parent

My first thread in this forum for some time. Just wondering how many of you's out there are parents and how does FM fit in around that, particularly with new-borns and toddlers?

I ask because my first little'un is due at the end of October so it seems that my time on FM is going to be curtailed somewhat and it'll become something of grabbing the odd hour here and there when time permits. Probably no-more LLM for me, as I won't have the time. So it'll be back to starting off in the top leagues, something which I haven't done for many-a-year.

No parent here, but I understand the problem, having not unusual days where I am away from home for 16-18 hours, not to mention the house chores and everything after I get home. I tend to play whenever I have some time. Sometimes it takes a few days before I even have time to press any continue button whatsoever, while other days I can spend a few hours consecutively, which is nice.

Doesn't mean I won't be doing any LLM though, since I like that much more than playing in the top leagues.

Parent here too, I still find time to play FM, baby is 7 months old. Basically when I get home from work I load up FM, and just leave it running all night, I'll press continue when I pass by, but the girlfriend is really good and lets me sit and play it. When it's my turn to feed i'll wait until i'm starting a match before I start feeding him.

Well, the baby is now 3 weeks old. Between work, our daugher of 4 years old and the baby there is hardly time for me to sit behind the computer for longer then 10 minutes. So at the moment i don't play at all.

I most say when my daughter was born, I had all the time to play FM. I took a few weeks holiday to be around the family and when the wife and baby were sleeping during the day, I was playing FM. So, with one baby LLM must still be possible.

I can't relate to this one. I actually have to find someone crazy enough to have me before I enter the realm of parenthood. :(

But ah well. I can console myself with as much FMing as I like, I guess.

surely playing fm is good training for having a young 'un?? the unpredictability, the annoying parts, the expentancy of good things coming (the leaving home/the new version/patch) ? or is that just me??

surely playing fm is good training for having a young 'un?? the unpredictability, the annoying parts, the expentancy of good things coming (the leaving home/the new version/patch) ? or is that just me??

Quality :D

I have a 2 year old that likes to muck around like all other 2 year olds, but because im always up at 6 (habit, get up at 5 when im working) i get a couple of hours playtime as he sleeps til 8 or 9 o'clock, and is usually in bed by 8:30 at the latest so i get a couple of hours then too and yes he sleeps alot, lazy lil bugger:|

Cheers for the input, lads! :)

I'm hoping to get some game time in when the little'un lands, but obviously it won't be anything like the hours what I get in at the moment. If I had the cash, I'd be tempted to invest in a laptop, and therefore be a bit more mobile around the house. Sadly, we are brassic with all spare cash going in the pot for the bairn.

I only get about 30 mins of FM playing time every night, my daughter is 3 so she goes to bed at about 7/7.30, which is perfect timing for my wife to watch one of the soaps and me get a bit of game time in. I actually spend more time on these foums (during work) than I ever do playing the game :D

I have a 13 month old, and I find time after he has gone to bed or while he playing with his toys. although he loves watching me play FM and tries to help by clicking all the buttons on the laptop!!! he is better at it than I am!!!!Nomis07, I agree with you mate I am always looking for tips on these forums when I should be working!!!

Congrats Roj. My first child is due in January and I'm wondering the same. I think I'll have to divide my time between FM, GTA IV and being a parent. Seriously though, I think modern day adults have more "play" time than our parents did. Well, the men do anyway! :D

it's ideal. i moved to these types of games since they don't need fast reaction time, and can easily played a wee bit here and there, and the clincher is that you really only need one hand to do anything in the game, and so the other is free for craddling a wee one. you don't really need the sound, so it's fine for late at night, or early mornings, i've spent many a night with the two of them together.

Hey guys, I'm a parent and find I get alot more time to play FM than before, alot of the time at the start its feeding winding ass changing then they sleep for many hours again, as they get older they do demand more attention naturally but they tend to do their own thing alot of the time, I play FM alot and my daughter has just turned 2 and the only time I really come off is when things round the flat need doing or my little one wants attention which tbf aint alot so I tend to complete a season maybe 2 a week, depends just how much I am needed.

Archived