Worst transfers

Well Simao Sabrosa is a great player. He is portuguese is 28, and ha splayed on big teams like Barcelona, Benfica, and currently on Atl. Madrid. But in one save that I had i bid 19 million for him but newcastle beat me. The paid around 49-52 million for him! CRAZY!

arsenal just keep on buying Mutu every game unless i manage them I mean hes an exceptional player but do you see Arsene Wenger spending £28M and not only that on a 28 year old

He's at Liverpool on mine.

There's plenty of odd transfers going on. I've seen Gareth Bale go Tottenham-Man. City-Valencia in the space of a season. Blackburn have just signed Aaron Lennon from Sevilla. Liverpool paid £67million for David Villa! But the weirdest was Real Madrid selling Mahamadou Diarra to Tottenham for a mere £6million. And this wasn't in 2020. Diarra is far from zimmerframe fodder yet. It was in 2008!

Real paid $78 million for Nani. I know he's a good player... but that much for NANI!?!?!?!

However, Real also paid $32 million for Johnny Evans in the second season after he had been languishing in the Man U reserves for half the year so maybe they're just stupid.

I believe Samir Nasri is now Wenger's real-life record signing, guys.

Oh, and Juventus have just signed Fernando Torres from Liverpool. An odd transfer made even odder by the fact it occurred right in the middle of the 2010 World Cup! You'd think Torres would be a little busy! Plus, when do big transfers like that ever happen right in the middle of a major tournament?

Sevilla have just signed Sulley Muntari from portsmouth for £36.5 million and Man utd signed Daniel Alves from Sevilla for £34 million just before that. How strange that you would sell alves just to buy muntari.

Sir Alex Ferguson at Inter (again strange) paid £53 million for Silva in the January transfer window too

AI managed clubs tend to spend stupid money on players they dont even need.

in my Napoli save Milan signed Guiseppe Rossi for close to €50m. iirc he got about 40 games in two seasons there before he got transfer listed by request and i picked him up for €16.5m.

there's usually some pretty daft transfers flying around especially the old "player returns to club" stuff... seen tevez leave manure on free, only for them to re-sign him for £20m a season later....

arsenal just keep on buying Mutu every game unless i manage them I mean hes an exceptional player but do you see Arsene Wenger spending £28M and not only that on a 28 year old

Arsenal have signed Mutu on my game too!! but only for £23.5M :p

Actually, some Italian defender, I'll give you his name when I remember it, signed from Fiorentina to Valencia for £28million. He only had one cap at the time.

His name is Riccardo Montolivo and he signed for £30.5m.

In every game I play Arsenal sign Mutu for between 26-33.5m.

Exactly same here. Just bought for £28 mill in my new save. This time L'Arse have also paid not much less for Quaresma. They're storming the EPL mind you, to be fair, leaving Chelski and Manyoo well in their wake, with me and the Scousers far behind.

On a separate point: totally over-rated players - Ivanovic is always an immediate Chelski main stay, and Riise one of the world's best wing-backs :eek:

playing with hoffenheim i sold EDU and CARLOS EDUARDO for 25M euro and 22,5M euro in the second season after a great first season. to atletico madrid and hannover (!!!)....

that was a great transfer period :), being able to buy almost anyone i want with a "low" rep club :)

I once sold my left back to Real Madrid for £80million. He was called Dave Hudson, a product of the Stockport Youth Academy and England's first choice left back, but £80m!? I didn't want to sell him, so I just kept on asking for more money until we reached that ludicrous figure.

Can anyone out there pleeeease offer me an explanation as to why Tottenham were able to sign Diarra from Real Madrid for £6m. Please bear the following in mind.

- His contract was not about to run out.

- He was a first team regular.

- It was 2008. He was just approaching his peak.

- In real life, Real paid £24m for him. If they're selling him in 2008, they'd surely want to recoup more than £6m of that!

- He wasn't unhappy at Real Madrid.

Can anyone out there pleeeease offer me an explanation as to why Tottenham were able to sign Diarra from Real Madrid for £6m. Please bear the following in mind.

- His contract was not about to run out.

- He was a first team regular.

- It was 2008. He was just approaching his peak.

- In real life, Real paid £24m for him. If they're selling him in 2008, they'd surely want to recoup more than £6m of that!

- He wasn't unhappy at Real Madrid.

They're extremely stupid?

Anyway, in my FM 07 games, Chelsea always signs Rodrigo Palacio from Boca Juniors for about £12M. Not quite sure why they'd bother - after all, it's three times his value at Boca.

Real paid $78 million for Nani. I know he's a good player... but that much for NANI!?!?!?!

However, Real also paid $32 million for Johnny Evans in the second season after he had been languishing in the Man U reserves for half the year so maybe they're just stupid.

:D I have in on loan with me at Scunthorpe in the 1st season and he's good, but not exactly pulling up trees even in The Championship!

Archived