Do players take into consideration you have been promoted when approaching for a free

I will explain better

End of season, been promoted with Kettering, so i figure i will check what players will come in on a free when their current contract expires

Not much of a selection, so i take off the 'filter out unrealistic targets' and just scroll down the list a bit, to players of a L2 standard, and not many want to join

So my question be...when approaching a player at the end of their contract, do they know that you have been promoted before the tables refresh and put me in L2?

Can't speak for FM08, but on FM05 it only changes when the table updates, so you might be able to grab some of them at the last minute when they change their mind.

It also works the other way round, so when i've been relegated, I always make sure all my deals are done long before the tables update...

yeah as jod123 said its all done on reputation so if the rep has been recalculated then it should know that you have been promoted (or taken into account anyway). But imo the rep increase isnt really enough compared to what it should be and sometimes (back to back promotions etc) you dont really get any decent players at all who are up to standard with that league

Yeah unfortunately it's not recognised until the table is updated on June 19th (in England). Makes signing players for next season quite difficult

june 19th...

transfer window starts july does it not? and the season starts mid august? shouldnt there be plenty of time to sign new players? just like real life i would say :D

yes they do! I just won promotion to the EPL and all of a sudden a good many of the players i have been drooling over for years but would not consider coming to my club seem to be interested... I believe you get even more players interested if you manage to qualify for European action (through the cups).

In short, no. I hate getting promoted to the Prem and all the bosmans still think you will be playing CCC football next season. They should consider you a prem team as soon as you mathematically gain promotion, not when the end of season update happens. Same goes for a team thats already relegated.

so basically we have to wait til 19th june? and risk losing out on loads of potential signings?

Yes. And as others have said, I really wish this would change. If I've won promotion, potential signings have to know this. HAVE to. Right now there is a lag of unreality until the table updates.

I think attracting players is mostly based on club reputation and once you have mathematically guaranteed promotion the club rep will increase.

Yes, it is based on club rep, but also league level will be a multiplier in club rep. So you have your club rep 5000 and league rep 12, and get promoted now you have club rep 5500 league rep 20

So right reason, but wrong response. Yes, it is based of club rep, no they will not realize you've been promoted until the table changes.

Archived