Whats you proudest/best acheivement of any FM?

Anything from:

Winning a cup

Winning a league

Survival when it was impossible

Team full of under 20's

Team full of english

Whatever your most proud of.

No matter how barmy or stupid it is.

Mine is getting Kettering promoted then in my first season in BSP finishing 7th. When I was bookies favourite for the drop!!:)

23 consecutive Champions League titles with Braintree Town.

I would love to claim I have done something similar as you have but I'd be telling lies :) My best achievements have been with relatively big clubs I'm just not really a fan of lower league management. I'd say Fm 06 (I think) where I won every cup I was entered with Lyon for 3 seasons in a row. Yeah I know not much of a achievment but I enjoyed that game with Lyon immensely with Fred scoring a hattrick + more every game and ending up with 70-80 goals a season.

Best moments? (Managing Schalke04 in German First Division)

In my first season , it would have to of been the quick and good transfer market decisions I made before the start of the season: having rid the club of a couple of its huge earning yet average 'stars' for some decent fees and importing Van der Vaart, Swedish international CB Olof Mellberg, and Russian international Ivan Saenko.. and some higher class staff. I went on to win the league and cup in my first season but crashed out of the CL in the group phase comming in 3rd..... all this while still making a a profit in the double digit millions.

In the second season: I decided to continue the financial growth of the team as I felt I had a winning squad already so I didn't do any transfers in the summer break between 1st and 2nd season except for a few reserves and youngsters leaving/getting loaned out. It all payed off at the end of the season as I won the treble (league, cup, champions league).. going into the summer with double digit millions in profit and a transfer kitty of over 60 million euro.

Those were my most memorable moments so far as I just started playing 08 properly and seriously.

Im already Number 1 on my nationality Hall of Fame winning 3 major trophies and 3 minor trophies

I got offered the national job for greece in the summer break as well as the job for Real Madrid after Schuster resigned, however I turned Real Madrid down since im a Barca man ;)

The success is however, bitter sweet...

Im now in my summer break between season 2 and 3...and unfotunately VDV feels like we're not good enough for him and he needs bigger and better things cos hes achieved everything he can here, he handed in his transfer request before the end of the season... Preparing for VDV's almost guaranteed departure since he fought off all attempts to have him stay.. I managed to secure (to fans and board and marketing delight) the services of the young French star Jeremy Menez.... at the time Man Utd were interested in VDV but now after I promised to let him go , no club is interested and now im stuck with an unhappy VDV that no one wants to buy rotting on the bench for a hefty weekly sum :( .. Ive even tried offering him away at half the price I paid for him/His worth.. no one taking the bait.

I even thought about the idea of moving to a league with high status because of the difficulty to lure certain targets to our club.. but loyalty got the better of me as my team offered me a 400% increase in wages for the next 2 years :)

Winning the Champions League (and Premier League of course) with Blyth Spartans.

Promoting to the SPL with Dumbarton in consecutive seasons WITH SCOTTISH PLAYERS ONLY!!!

Managing Roma with Italian players only and managing Italy at the same time with the EXACT same players as Roma. In other words: My Roma-team were the Italian national team :D

Winning Champions League with Icelandic side Grindavik in FM06 was obviously my best achievement, but winning the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen, toppling Bayern Munich by playing football in the style I wanted it to be played is right up there as a proud achievement, not least because evidence since them hints at it being very much a one-off achievement too!

Beating Man United, Arsenal & Chelsea to the Premiership in my first season but sadly came 4th in my 2nd season :(

Winning Champions League 4 - 3 Against Inter Milan in my second season has to be the best game I ever managed on Football Manager because of the tactical changes I made and it was just entertaining.

I guess winning the CL with a welsh side (the yellow canaries) has to top the list. Granted it was CM0304 and things have changed quite a lot since then.

In 08 I guess 12 SPL league titles in a row with Albion Rovers, despite we never managing to pose a real threath to European competitions.

Having Arsenal's new stadium named after me (The Bell Arena) on 07 (I think) after winning 12 consecutive league titles (18 in all) and 7 or 8 consecutive European Cups (over 10 in all) and accumulating over 2 billion in the bank. I half expected the board to take some away 'cos they kept threatening in the confidence page. But yeah, that screen announcing the new stadium was my mobile's wallpaper for some time.

On Championship Manager '93 (first one with real players..somehow it didn't seem so special with the fake ones)....promoted in 3 consecutive seasons, winning the title in my first season in the top flight, and winning the european cup the following year...first 3 seasons I lost one game and one 37 in a row in the bottom flight. Halcyon Days for Barnet!

Taking Hammerfest from the Norwegian 2nd Division to Champions League success on FM2007. It took 14 seasons but was without doubt the most satisfaction I've ever got on FM. It was frustrating at times with players forever wanting to leave and the chairman always keen to sell my star players, but it was well worth the amount of hard work I put in as a lower league club just to win the Champions League.

I mentioned this in another thread already, but I was ecstatic when it happened:

I lost 5-2 to barcelona, away, in the first leg of the CL semi final.

I considered putting on a duff team because of the lengths I'd have to goto to win the match, and I played down talk of us winning. In the end I put on a strong team. We ended up winning 4-0. And no one I told IRL gave a f*ck. Phillistines.

winning the epl,fa cup, cl,super cup and the world club championships in one season with sunderland

these all sound like ******** to me!!!!

pretty much impossible to do any of these things you people are saying.

O play a lot of footy man and unless you CHEAT (reload the game) these things cannot be done.

FM 08 is terrible.

Well I won the CL + EPL double for 10 seasons running on FM06 with Aston Villa and when FM07 came out I did the same for 5 seasons but then had to reformat :(

Also on FM07 - getting Previously unplayable AFC Telford established as a league two team before my reformat mentioned above.

Funny, in those combined 15 double winning seasons over the two versions I only won the FA cup 3 times and the league cup once.

Completing dafuge's challenge with Gateshead on CM00/01 in 8 seasons.

Knocking Liverpool out the FA Cup with Yeading at Anfield on FM07 (only to get slaughtered 8-0 by Arsenal next round)

Winning the Carling Cup with Nottm Forest in first season on FM07 (when Forest were League One team).

CM 00/01: Winning the Premiership with Arsenal, Getting my created team to the Champions' League positions (albeit with star players) from the Conference in consecutive seasons.

FM 05: Finishing 6th and then 5th with relegation-tipped Palermo in Serie A.

FM 07: Taking Valladolid from the LIGA BBVA relegation zone in November to 5th place at the end of the season. Finished there again the following season but couldn't quite make it into La Liga.

FM 08: Having a solid mid-table season wih Hull when tipped to finish near the bottom. Still didn't do as well as the real-life side though!

O play a lot of footy man and unless you CHEAT (reload the game) these things cannot be done.

FM 08 is terrible.

well that sounds like ******** mate. people are not going to just lie on this unless they are sad. maybe 1 or 2 of these might be lies but 90% will be the truth. maybe your just not as good as some people or others have better luck.

also you dont know what season these people were in. could have been in 2015 when they have the dreamteam everyone wants! so you have no right to say they are lying.

FM 08 is terrible.

You can't be serious.

FM 08 is terrible.

I can't believe you got a yellow card with your first post.

well that sounds like ******** mate. people are not going to just lie on this unless they are sad. maybe 1 or 2 of these might be lies but 90% will be the truth. maybe your just not as good as some people or others have better luck.

also you dont know what season these people were in. could have been in 2015 when they have the dreamteam everyone wants! so you have no right to say they are lying.

Exactly. In Cm 01/02 I had "Marine" as Champions of Europe with around 1 billion pounds in the treasury in 2035 or so.

The reason we had so much money is per the previous post, selling a player for maximum allowed cash, he was a german DMC :)

Exactly. In Cm 01/02 I had "Marine" as Champions of Europe with around 1 billion pounds in the treasury in 2035 or so.

The reason we had so much money is per the previous post, selling a player for maximum allowed cash, he was a german DMC :)

What is the maximum allowed cash?

What is the maximum allowed cash?

I'm not sure what currency I was using at the time but i believe it was 167,000,000 im Cm 01/02, again in whatever currency i was using. I have a screeny of it saved on one of my external hard drives but i'm sure someone else can confirm/clarify

And how are you able to sell a player for that much :confused:

Negotiations, I think in CM 01/02 you could negotiate with add-on clauses then the other team might come back with a straight cash offer of the values of the add-ons, I don't remember exactly but its always after negotiations and with regens in the future after teams build up lots of cash reserves :p

Negotiations, I think in CM 01/02 you could negotiate with add-on clauses then the other team might come back with a straight cash offer of the values of the add-ons, I don't remember exactly but its always after negotiations and with regens in the future after teams build up lots of cash reserves :p

Oh yeah... I forgot, FM completely abandonded the features that actually make the game easier :p

i didnt have one before but now its coming back from a 3-1 first leg defeat to smash real madrid 6-0 and make it to the champions league semis.

p.s closely second, 3-2 down to juventus after first leg of the same semi final and then crushed them 4-1 to make the final.....to be continued

Archived