chairman interference

I dont know if this has been discussed before or whether people would want it given the amount of complaints about chairmen accepting offers for players when you wouldnt let them go but how about chairmen blocking the acquisition of players if they think you paying over the odds.

This would obviously be decided for each club by the chairman interference rating.

Just thought it'd be a good idea as it'd stop people paying like 60mil for players and its realistic as shown by the current real life transfer window.

In a way I agree but that is like a suggestion of letting the chairman and board just do all the negotiations as this is what seems to happen in real life, it may take some fun out of the game from people who like doing their own transfers and having as much control over them as possible. There has to be a balance between realism and fun. Another point is also that currently with the chairman accepting offers it does not work very well and if what you suggested was introduced as well then it might make it a nightmare trying to sign players especially if the board unrealistically kept blocking transfers.

now i think about it, wasnt this actually IN an earlier incarnation of fm?? maybe cm 01/02.. board cancelling transfers as they thought offer was unrealistic... im almost sure it was...

I am Lecce and have a great player called Jiminez. I was constantly trying to negotiate his sale with clubs for 10mil plus because he wanted to leave and was a right awkward sod. My board stepped in and accepted £6.25m bid, and he went.

It ****ed me off when I was playing the game, so I want to be able to show my anger at the board. There should be an option where you can send memos or letters or organise a meeting with the board to complain about this, and ask them to explain their decision. This echos a thread I started about board - manager interaction.

Archived