Attributes you can't do without

agree there, determination and pace... gotta be high in those two, preferably both above 13.. also in gk's, as low eccentricity as possible.. i dont want another david james...

pace of all my players must be at least 12, determination must be at least 13, passing skill of my midfielders has to be at least 15

Interesting - I have no problem with one of my strikers having low pace as long as they're tall and strong, and I don't care about pace for my centre mids at all.

I can also live with 12 or 13 passing for one of my mids/my DM, depending which configuration of my formation I use.

i just thought, I'm writing this from the view that I'd be playing with a higher level team, which was a bit shortsighted. But in the BSS, I'd still have to have at least 10 jumping for a CB.

I need pace and acceleration. If they are less than 12, I will most likely keep searching. I'm in the lower leagues of Eastern Europe, so that's the only thing that I can rely on at the moment, my team is too small for any world class or even continental players.

The main ones I look out for;

Goalie - Reflexes 17+

Defender - Tackling 16+ (Heading 16+ for centre)

Midfielder - Passing 16+ (Centre Mid needs good work rate and team work of 16+. Winger needs 16+ crossing)

Striker - Finishing 16+

Pace was a key attribute for me when starting the game, but now with an almost entire squad of newgens, Pace seems a lot less important than technical ability. It's amazing how my side preferences have changed going through the transition of real players to computer generated ones.

I've played all the Fm's alot so i just have a two second look at a player and can decide whether he is any good or not. I think that i sort of pair attributes up. So if i am looking at and CB there are different variations of what i would consider (for example heading,positioning,jumping or tackling,marking,pace.)

Depends on the position really. The attribute distribution in FM08 is screwed anyway, so I don't look for specific attributes for a position. I look to see if a player can play good in any position, then re-train him to where I think he would be better suited.

Archived