Appointing New Captain- Player I want not an option?

Well first of all im not a noob lol but its the first time i have come across this so just interested if anyone knows a way round it. I have just sold my captain and I know the player I want to replace him with but when I click on the list to appoint he doesnt show up? It has the whole team including youth players who never get a game but this player isn't listed? Is there a reason for this or anyway around it?

hmm is that the only player that isn't listed? Also, probably a stupid question but he's not on loan to you is he? Thats the only reason i can think he wouldn't be on the list.

He's the only player who is in the first team that isn't listed and it lists people in the reserves and youth team aswell over him. He isn't on loan and has been at the club for over a season.

I am not sure but maybe he does not want to be captain. I once removed the captaincy of a player and every time I need to appoint a new captain, it says that he does not want to be in contention for captaincy.

Maybe he doesn't but he hadn't said anything to say he wouldn't want it. I think he was captain at his old club aswell so don't know why he would't at mine.

I've seen this a lot with the Under-21 international teams - the e-mail doesn't list most of the players I would want to select.

I believe you can work around it by ignoring the e-mail, and going through the Tactics screen, Captains, and appointing your Captain and Vice-Captain there .. but I haven't tried that yet. Will certainly be giving it a go the next time it comes up, though.

I've seen this a lot with the Under-21 international teams - the e-mail doesn't list most of the players I would want to select.

I believe you can work around it by ignoring the e-mail, and going through the Tactics screen, Captains, and appointing your Captain and Vice-Captain there .. but I haven't tried that yet. Will certainly be giving it a go the next time it comes up, though.

Ok i managed to get him as captain but with some problems. It won't let you skip the email without you confirming yet you where right he was in the tactics one. I knew that whoever i appointed would therefore be unhappy if i changed so appointed a youth player and then basically it changed to the player i wanted next day. Problem now is i have alot of players who are all saying they feel i changed captain to quick.

Blech.

I was hoping you could do something like set the Captain via Tactics, and have the E-mail pick up your "current captain" from that.

Can you post this over in the Bugs Forum? - your description is great, and describing your workaround and how it failed is perfect.

Thanks,

(if I spot that thread over there, I'll add my vote to it, too.)

Blech.

I was hoping you could do something like set the Captain via Tactics, and have the E-mail pick up your "current captain" from that.

Can you post this over in the Bugs Forum? - your description is great, and describing your workaround and how it failed is perfect.

Thanks,

(if I spot that thread over there, I'll add my vote to it, too.)

ok ill add it

Archived