Ambition

I've created myself in the data base as a Youth striker. Now i want to make sure that i stay loyal to my club so i set loyalty to 20 and ambition to 1. Will having ambition this low effect how well my player will develope?

As far as I'm aware (which may well only be as far as my screen is away from my keyboard!) ambition just affects how likely the player is to want to move to a bigger club/league, nothing to do with how well the player trains or whatever.

Ditto those two. Give yourself a good Determination, Team Work, and Work Rate, and you should have a pretty good chance of developing well.

I'd also recommend a fairly high Natural Fitness and Decisions, and whatever you can do with hidden attributes to shade yourself towards a "Professional" attitude. Those will have pretty big long-term impact on your career, even if they aren't quite on the development front. Oh, high Consistency and Important Matches will probably help a lot, too!

If you're going the "I have a PA of 200!" route, you'll probably want to set yourself up with most of the major clubs - United, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Inter, etc - as "Hated" clubs .. that will help ensure that "you" reject the inevitable overtures by the biggest guns.

Just a little reminder, there are also players with 'Unambitious'. I've heard here on the forums that that means that the player doesn't bother too much with improving as a player.

Thats what i read somewhere to, so i wasn't too sure what to do.

Thanks Amaroq, yeah, had already set work rate etc really high, and also done the hated clubs thing.

Archived