Player "X" wants to move to a bigger club etc...

This is the only part of this game that really frustrates me.

I had a whole host of players who had become unhappy becuse i would'nt let them have talks with other clubs.

I have two main examples:

Kevin Monnet Paquet- I rejected an approach from Reading who are in the championship, i'd just been relegated back to the CCC too.

They finished last season 17th, and have been stuck there for the past 4 seasons.

Meanwhile, my wolves team (who player wise should be top 6 in the prem) have just spent three years in the prem.

He got unhappy that i wouldnt allow him to move to a "bigger club". Now for a start Reading are'nt as big a club as wolves in 2018, my stadium, estimated value, facilities etc are all far superior to theirs. He eventually got his way and moved for 8M, but i'd have much rather of kept him.

Secondly, my french regen who i have nurtured for the past 4 seasons, who has just played his first full season in the premiership, seen his stats rise greatly, has become unhappy because i wont let him speak top barnsley- who have just come up from league one.

Now come on...how unrealistic is this.

To sum this up, i would love to have an option of just teling clubs where to stick it, because you can say a player is not for sale and reject bids as much as you like, but their interest never goes away

To sum this up, i would love to have an option of just teling clubs where to stick it, because you can say a player is not for sale and reject bids as much as you like, but their interest never goes away

IRL clubs don't suddenly drop their interest because you say the player isn't for sale, look at Barry and Berbatov this summer.

^^whs, unfortunately you cant just tell a club to sling their hook, and they obediently will. its damned annoying though, and it doesnt stop even if you ARE one of the "bigger" clubs, as players often get frustrated about not being allowed to talk to other clubs! its part of the game that takes very careful management, and one we often end up not getting our own way in. best you can do is list the swine, and slap a huge asking price on him and hope someone comes in with a good bid... i do it quite a bit... make no wonder my club/player loyalty thing is never right high...

just put the players transfer value up stupidly high and they will never come back thats what i do and you just negotiate the price of what you think hes worth so if they offer you just accept and you get your way sevilla wanted to pay 36 million for gillardino cos i rejected there offers each time so i accepted that offer but it was with add on like 20 million for scoring 20 goals and he was only worth 12 million wuhooo

^^whs, unfortunately you cant just tell a club to sling their hook, and they obediently will. its damned annoying though, and it doesnt stop even if you ARE one of the "bigger" clubs, as players often get frustrated about not being allowed to talk to other clubs! its part of the game that takes very careful management, and one we often end up not getting our own way in. best you can do is list the swine, and slap a huge asking price on him and hope someone comes in with a good bid... i do it quite a bit... make no wonder my club/player loyalty thing is never right high...

oops sorry pal didn't read your post haha

Easily fixed in theory by having player's recognise positions/performance of clubs rather than just reputation (although reputation is affected by this sometimes it doesn't work quite right and you get scenarios like the opening post). Not sure how easy it would be to implement.

Secondly, my french regen who i have nurtured for the past 4 seasons, who has just played his first full season in the premiership, seen his stats rise greatly, has become unhappy because i wont let him speak top barnsley- who have just come up from league one.

Is he giving the 'bigger club' complaint as well?

What is his squad status and wages relative to the rest of your team? Sometimes this can have an effect. I had a regen who I had gradually brought form hot prospect level of appearances to squad rotation level of appearances but I never changed his squad status. When I gave him a new contract and squad status relative to his appearances he stopped moaning when club's bids were rejected outside of clubs obviously bigger than me.

Archived