That '4-2-4' formation !

just had it done against me with blackpool .

winning 1-0 , last 10 min .

'Burnley switch to a 4-2-4 formation' ..

dont say its my tactics because i wouldn't even have had time to change them .

happend in the blink of an eye !

ended up 1-1

it was like , they switched , scored .. then just switched back again ..

obviously this isnt the 1st time this has happened and i just hope and wish that this is fixedd for '09'

it is really ruining my game .

could have had at least another 10 points in the leauge if it wasnt for countless last gasp equallisers and winners .

your views on this please ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well tell that to 'kimz' as its his tactics im using , and setting yourself to a defensive formation will bring the other team on to you .

i am a footballer and this is very unrealistic .

Oh, you're a football player, who do you play for Liverpool? Chelsea? Arsenal? Man Utd? An amateur team? Prefessional football teams do it, not in the same way as the game.

Right, then.

The point is, you want to proactively switch to a 4-2-4-killer before the AI goes to it. If you wait too long, and you're "reacting" to it, you're gonna get caught out. Every time. (Among other points, the commentary line follows at least 2-3 minutes after the actual change in AI formation is made.)

My "script" is: go to a counter-attack tactic at the 70th minute with a lead. Said tactic ensures that my fullbacks don't get forward to often (no farrows, forward runs mixed, "back if needed" on corners and FK's) and stops sending my centre-backs forward on corners full stop - the point is to defend a lead, not to try to pad it.

By the 75th minute with a 2-goal lead, or the 80th minute with a 1-goal lead, I go to a "defensive" tactic. That's even more explicit: all four defenders are on "Stay Back" for corners and FK's, no farrows, and my fullbacks are on forward runs rarely.

The whole point is, I know that the opposition are going to leave four guys up top, and I want to make sure I have numerical parity. Period. If I'm in my "counter" and I note that the AI have gone to their 4-2-4, I switch to "defensive" as soon as I possibly can .. but the "counter" is sufficiently defense-minded that I'm not likely to get caught out.

ok . googled me ? new signing from tottenham , injured at the moment with a calf strain .

anything else ? or do you want to discuss this 4-2-4 ?

Just googled Joe Martin, the Blackpool player, and how come he is 19 and you are 17?

cheers . do you mind sharing theese ? if i pm you my email ?

I don't download tactics and am not too inclined to share my e-mail .. :D .. but it really is about as simple as what I've indicated. You could grab something very similar, I think, by downloading wwfan's tactical set and scraping the Counter-attack and Defensive formations out of it.

Basically when you're ahead with 10 or 15 mins to go you need to withdraw a striker and go defensive. The Tic-tac-toe works well. It is of course completely preposterous that you have to do this, but there you go.

I don't find that that is necessary. My counter-attack and defensive formations are both flat 4-4-2's, with two strikers - its just careful attention to the individual instructions to ensure that I've always got four guys at the back. That's all it takes.

ok . cheers Amaroq .

by the way , have you seen me on fm :$ ?

You're welcome.

Sorry to say, but no I haven't noticed you, but I haven't managed Blackpool or Spurs, so that's not saying much.

Still, if I was in the game as a 19-year-old, I'd be mighty tempted to go into the pre-game editor and give myself a -10 potential. Or at least to set my potential as "blank" so that its randomly generated for every new save-game. :cool:

... on the other hand, I'd be mortified if I went into the pre-game editor and found out that the researcher who had researched me thought I'd never be better than Conference standard..

... even if that's probably about right for my future potential when I was nineteen! :D

haha . i got offered a 3 year deal at tottenham , but to be honest to myself .

i wouldnt have played till i was about twenty odd .

and i needed 1st team experience .

then came blackpool ;)

and i have to say im really enjoying it :)

well if your hinting at me telling a lie .

well im not :) my name is joe martin i was born on the 29th of november 1988

my brother plays for liverpool . dont compare us because he is a keeper .

my dad was also a player . he played for west ham ..

any more personal questions to prove im not lying ffs ?

well if your hinting at me telling a lie .

well im not :) my name is joe martin i was born on the 29th of november 1988

my brother plays for liverpool . dont compare us because he is a keeper .

my dad was also a player . he played for west ham ..

any more personal questions to prove im not lying ffs ?

It just seems a bit strange that you had your date of birth wrong in your profile, and had to "correct it" when some one pointed it out.

Lads, give it up:

There's no way he can prove his identity to you .. because anything extremely personal, you wouldn't know, and anything public enough for you to find out, he could have found out too. (In other words, if you can google it or wikipedia it, so can he.)

The only way a celebrity can prove online identity is through future action, e.g., he could hold up a sign that says "I'm DJJOEYT" and photograph it .. or, better, could agree to sign your match-day programme if you catch a Blackpool match.

(My favorite instance of that was two Playmates in a chat room, who, honest to goodness, couldn't get the chat room to believe that they were actually chatting with a pair of Playmates, because it seemed too improbable. They were only able to verify their identity later in a print interview.)

Just create a 4-2-4 tactic thats not very good and swap it with the default one that's already there and anytime the computer switches it shouldn't cause as much problems as the one that comes with the game. Thats what I did and it works fine (for me anyway).

no , i don't even remember putting in tbh . Rushed the registration forms as you do . Haha , darren bent plays this alot too :) sorry for poor typing I'm on my iPhone doing this .

I could quite esily rush a registration form on an internet forum.......................but Id never by dumb enough to get date of birth wrong.

Pure and utter BS to be honest.

Archived