I hope this is fixed in FM 2009

At the moment i've just started my 9th season with Man Utd...I have only bought 2 bosman rule players both on a free since season 8 ended, at the end of season 7...I only spent £12.25 million.

My biggest spendings were in 2nd, 3rd and 4th season, I try and buy young players...preferarably aged 18-22 who are going to be like excellent or are close, here is my 3 biggest spendings.

2nd - 43 million

3rd - 99 million

4th - 56 million

I the last 3 seasons...season 6,7 and 8 I have made more money than I have spent which really is unusual. I am unable to buy young players in my game because they aren't good enough, there may be 1 or 2 but still those players don't no where near match the sort of young players that are already in the game when starting a new game, the newgens generated are woefully unrealistic in terms of PA and CA. Also they reach like 70% of their PA when they are 22-24...i'm just guessing but I know its like that.

Another thing...all the newgens that are good have physical attributes which are just not acceptable, this is making it very difficult to play because its frustrating, the newgens aren't balanced. A player being a newgen doesn't have to be a newgen...at least the PA of a player retiring should be replaced with the same PA of a newgen player.

There are problems with newgen players. Their attributes are not really generated correctly for their position but most do have a decent PA, it is just that too few reach it as their CA is too low when they start off. Also set piece and physical attributes are generally poor for most newgens. The generation of new players is one of the things that I hope is fixed for FM09.

I can remember someone in the bugs forum saying that its being worked on. FM09 is the next game.

Do you have some sort of link for this issue please so I can read what people are saying about it whats happening and stuff?

Navie - you will still see newgens created with the proper PA, and in fact high PA is more common later in the game than it is at the start. However, its very tough for players to get the right combination of

- playing time

- facilities

- coaching

- training

- tutoring

- morale

At a young age, so you are much less likely to see high CA "wonderkids" from newgen than you are in the initial database.

So I think its more a "development model" problem than a "newgen" problem. Personally, I've never had a problem finding good youth .. basically just sign promising three- and four-star youth, and as they develop, your coaches will realise that some of them still have untapped potential: in other words, that they should have had five or six star potential when they were first scouted.

Archived