Your best or biggest job promotion?

Just wondering what you best job rise in one go in the world of FM (anyone 06, 07, 08 etc) mine have been the best i would say probably West Brom to Blackburn. Just curious how well you can do in your own personal promotion?

something like: Scunthorpe - Barcelona...

i dont mean like your in the same league as the club you join, something DRAMATIC.

Also was the wage a dramatic increase aswell?

Rugby Utd (Conference South) to Everton (Premiership)

It wasn't off the basis of success with Rugby, I was already a very sucessful manager, but I'd left Man City to try lower league football. I wasn't really enjoying it (or much good at it) so after a couple of seasons I jumped ship before my reputation was tarnished.

They cut my wages from £47k/week to £1k/week, though. I was livid, so moved to Arsenal a week later (£30k/week) as a stop gap until the City job came up again.

This is all on my current FM05 game.

Well, I am playing FM07

I am with Sport Recife , from Brazil, on the Campeonato Pernambucano (State of Pernambuco Championship) going to be twice champion

Tow years ago, in first job day, i was 2nd pos in Copa do Brasil (Brazil Cup), The Sport drawed the 1st and 2nd game with Goiás

In last season. qualyfing my team for Serie A

Nowadays, the objetive is to win the Campeonato Pernambucano, advance in Brazil Cup and have a good position on Brazilian Serie A

Ahhhh in this time, i received a propose to command the Peru Squad

I had taken Peru sub-23 in the Olympic Games London 2012

I haven't had a particularly big promotion, but I did take a massive step down in my career game. I was at Barca in 2018 and was finding it all a bit too easy with so much money etc, so I took a pay cut of £65k and went to relegation candidates VFB Stuttgart :p Managed to save them from relegation and win the cup, but the next season was a real struggle after getting rid of some of the aging players and bringing in some youngsters.

I once made it from an 1st division semi-professional team in Finland to a national team manager. And not just any national team, it was the national team of Brazil!! :-D

Not had a massive promotion in FM 08 but have gone from Merthyr Tydfil to Arsenal in 17 years and only winning 2 things.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2 & half seasons never made it out off the Conference South

Hinkley - 2 and half seasons never mad it out off the Conference North

Woking - 1 season. Finshed 8th Blue Square Prem. Won the Setanta Shield

Hereford - 5 seaosns. 4 seasons in League 2 and then 7th in League 1.

Bristol City - 3 seasons. 2 seaons in league 1 and then 6th in the Champioship

Boavista - 1 season. Finshed 3rd and won the Portuguese Cup

Newcastle - 2 and half seasons. Promotion from the Championship before a 4th place in the Prem

Arsenal - Current 1 and half seasons. Did the treble in my 1st full season.

Been really fun moving around and starting over at a new club. Might give it a few more seasons at Arsenal then try international management before heading back to the bottom again.

in fm07 i went from southend united struggling against relegation in the prem having a transfer kitty of about £5mil, to bayern munich who gave me £100 million to spend, and after 3 years to real madrid who gave me £150 million. cant remember the wage increases but madrid is definetly a long way from the filth pit cockle sheds in southend. then again i did miss the seafood.

I once made it from an 1st division semi-professional team in Finland to a national team manager. And not just any national team, it was the national team of Brazil!! :-D

Brazil?!!! What a moral, hein? :cool:

Not had a massive promotion in FM 08 but have gone from Merthyr Tydfil to Arsenal in 17 years and only winning 2 things.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2 & half seasons never made it out off the Conference South

Hinkley - 2 and half seasons never mad it out off the Conference North

Woking - 1 season. Finshed 8th Blue Square Prem. Won the Setanta Shield

Hereford - 5 seaosns. 4 seasons in League 2 and then 7th in League 1.

Bristol City - 3 seasons. 2 seaons in league 1 and then 6th in the Champioship

Boavista - 1 season. Finshed 3rd and won the Portuguese Cup

Newcastle - 2 and half seasons. Promotion from the Championship before a 4th place in the Prem

Arsenal - Current 1 and half seasons. Did the treble in my 1st full season.

Been really fun moving around and starting over at a new club. Might give it a few more seasons at Arsenal then try international management before heading back to the bottom again.

Curiosity, Are you in what year in FM07:??

in fm07 i went from southend united struggling against relegation in the prem having a transfer kitty of about £5mil, to bayern munich who gave me £100 million to spend, and after 3 years to real madrid who gave me £150 million. cant remember the wage increases but madrid is definetly a long way from the filth pit cockle sheds in southend. then again i did miss the seafood.

REAL MADRID! With REAL MADRID, you play like GOD, guy!! xDDDDDD

So far in FM 08, Svilengrad to Greenock Morton in the SPL after 1 season. They got promoted and need an inexperienced manager like me, so I got the job. :D Of course needless to say, financial balances were much much better. I went from having a transfer budget of 0 to a few hundred thousand. The wage was also substantially better. It went from 250 to 1,300. I couldn't complain, let alone resist.

Archived