PDA

View Full Version : Your best or biggest job promotion?

Mr Peanut
14-08-2008, 19:57
Just wondering what you best job rise in one go in the world of FM (anyone 06, 07, 08 etc) mine have been the best i would say probably West Brom to Blackburn. Just curious how well you can do in your own personal promotion?

something like: Scunthorpe - Barcelona...

i dont mean like your in the same league as the club you join, something DRAMATIC.

Also was the wage a dramatic increase aswell?

jonahno6
14-08-2008, 19:59
Wycombe to Manchester United in FM07. Could have gone Inter as well.

wacman1389
14-08-2008, 20:39
I went from Leicester to Juventus after 8 seasons and an FA Cup trophy......then from Juventus to Real Madrid after 3 seasons and a Champions League trophy (they wanted a League title that I didn't deliver)

uusinjsh
14-08-2008, 20:39
Fenerbahce -> Tottenham -> AC Milan. I know, it's not big, but still...

phil452000
14-08-2008, 21:30
Had 3 good seasons with Sandefjord(Norway) then offered the job at high flying Spurs. Will probably go back to Sandefjord one day to see I can make them a force in Europe.

rancer890
14-08-2008, 21:30
Not really big but...

Toronto FC -> Plymouth -> PSV
US$250k/yr -> US$350k/yr -> US$1.7 million/yr

nick...
14-08-2008, 23:02
Rugby Utd (Conference South) to Everton (Premiership)

It wasn't off the basis of success with Rugby, I was already a very sucessful manager, but I'd left Man City to try lower league football. I wasn't really enjoying it (or much good at it) so after a couple of seasons I jumped ship before my reputation was tarnished.

They cut my wages from £47k/week to £1k/week, though. I was livid, so moved to Arsenal a week later (£30k/week) as a stop gap until the City job came up again.

This is all on my current FM05 game.

crafty bison
14-08-2008, 23:07
I did Halifax to Barcelona in 05, but then, Halifax were in the Premiership at the time.

schweddy
15-08-2008, 00:29
In CM 99/00 I managed Mansfield, got them promoted to League 1 and got the job at Chelsea.

DJJOEYT
15-08-2008, 01:02
Exeter to arsenal . I beat them in the cup then they became mangerless . So I applied haha

tiago_wakabayashi
15-08-2008, 03:47
Well, I am playing FM07
I am with Sport Recife , from Brazil, on the Campeonato Pernambucano (State of Pernambuco Championship) going to be twice champion
Tow years ago, in first job day, i was 2nd pos in Copa do Brasil (Brazil Cup), The Sport drawed the 1st and 2nd game with Goiás
In last season. qualyfing my team for Serie A
Nowadays, the objetive is to win the Campeonato Pernambucano, advance in Brazil Cup and have a good position on Brazilian Serie A

Ahhhh in this time, i received a propose to command the Peru Squad
I had taken Peru sub-23 in the Olympic Games London 2012

Nomis07
15-08-2008, 08:09
I haven't had a particularly big promotion, but I did take a massive step down in my career game. I was at Barca in 2018 and was finding it all a bit too easy with so much money etc, so I took a pay cut of £65k and went to relegation candidates VFB Stuttgart :p Managed to save them from relegation and win the cup, but the next season was a real struggle after getting rid of some of the aging players and bringing in some youngsters.

TPA
15-08-2008, 12:09
I once made it from an 1st division semi-professional team in Finland to a national team manager. And not just any national team, it was the national team of Brazil!! :-D

AZBruntsfield
15-08-2008, 12:20
I didn't get the job, but I was touted for the Man U job after 1 season with Livingston in the Scottish First Division. Which I thought was a bit bizarre.

In FM07 I got the Holland job whilst in charge of Livingston. Went on to win the world cup!

SuperJoe
15-08-2008, 12:37
Not had a massive promotion in FM 08 but have gone from Merthyr Tydfil to Arsenal in 17 years and only winning 2 things.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2 & half seasons never made it out off the Conference South
Hinkley - 2 and half seasons never mad it out off the Conference North
Woking - 1 season. Finshed 8th Blue Square Prem. Won the Setanta Shield
Hereford - 5 seaosns. 4 seasons in League 2 and then 7th in League 1.
Bristol City - 3 seasons. 2 seaons in league 1 and then 6th in the Champioship
Boavista - 1 season. Finshed 3rd and won the Portuguese Cup
Newcastle - 2 and half seasons. Promotion from the Championship before a 4th place in the Prem
Arsenal - Current 1 and half seasons. Did the treble in my 1st full season.

Been really fun moving around and starting over at a new club. Might give it a few more seasons at Arsenal then try international management before heading back to the bottom again.

elegantcrouch
15-08-2008, 12:57
in fm07 i went from southend united struggling against relegation in the prem having a transfer kitty of about £5mil, to bayern munich who gave me £100 million to spend, and after 3 years to real madrid who gave me £150 million. cant remember the wage increases but madrid is definetly a long way from the filth pit cockle sheds in southend. then again i did miss the seafood.

tiago_wakabayashi
15-08-2008, 22:40
I once made it from an 1st division semi-professional team in Finland to a national team manager. And not just any national team, it was the national team of Brazil!! :-D

Brazil?!!! What a moral, hein? :cool:

Not had a massive promotion in FM 08 but have gone from Merthyr Tydfil to Arsenal in 17 years and only winning 2 things.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2 & half seasons never made it out off the Conference South
Hinkley - 2 and half seasons never mad it out off the Conference North
Woking - 1 season. Finshed 8th Blue Square Prem. Won the Setanta Shield
Hereford - 5 seaosns. 4 seasons in League 2 and then 7th in League 1.
Bristol City - 3 seasons. 2 seaons in league 1 and then 6th in the Champioship
Boavista - 1 season. Finshed 3rd and won the Portuguese Cup
Newcastle - 2 and half seasons. Promotion from the Championship before a 4th place in the Prem
Arsenal - Current 1 and half seasons. Did the treble in my 1st full season.

Been really fun moving around and starting over at a new club. Might give it a few more seasons at Arsenal then try international management before heading back to the bottom again.

Curiosity, Are you in what year in FM07:??

in fm07 i went from southend united struggling against relegation in the prem having a transfer kitty of about £5mil, to bayern munich who gave me £100 million to spend, and after 3 years to real madrid who gave me £150 million. cant remember the wage increases but madrid is definetly a long way from the filth pit cockle sheds in southend. then again i did miss the seafood.

REAL MADRID! With REAL MADRID, you play like GOD, guy!! xDDDDDD

Blitzzzy
16-08-2008, 01:04
umm...Nottingham forest (Championship) to Sporting Lisbon (CL)

Liniert
16-08-2008, 01:06
Beijing to Blackburn

Arkim
16-08-2008, 01:12
So far in FM 08, Svilengrad to Greenock Morton in the SPL after 1 season. They got promoted and need an inexperienced manager like me, so I got the job. :D Of course needless to say, financial balances were much much better. I went from having a transfer budget of 0 to a few hundred thousand. The wage was also substantially better. It went from 250 to 1,300. I couldn't complain, let alone resist.