Transferring games from PC to Laptop

Hello,

I have just bought a new laptop (my first one) and I want to continue my Nottingham Forest save on it. I have recently been playing on it on my PC and I have used my memory stick to 'try' and transfer it to my laptop. I have got so far and when I go on load game and click on 'Nottingham Forest' (the name of my saved game) it comes up 'This game cannot be loaded'.

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or not. My laptop has enough memory to load the game.

As you can probably tell, I'm not very technical :D

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

:)

That particular saved game will never work on an upatched version of the game, I'm afraid. You could uninstall the patches from FM by reinstalling FM but then that saved game will not work on that game either. You have to install the patch if you want to play that particular game.

Yeah, in summary:

Saves only played on the 8.0.0 (unpatched) version will work on any version.

Saves played on 8.0.1 will work on any version except 8.0.0

Saves played on 8.0.2 (first 8.0.2) will only work on 8.0.2 versions.

Saves played on 8.0.2 (second 8.0.2) will only work on that version and no other one.

Hope that clears it up.

Really annoying this.

I've used BitTorrent and apparently downloaded the latest patch. It says I have updated everything and everything is complete, but when I go on the front page of FM it still says I'm using 1.0. I'm probably doing something wrong :(

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, I know that I'm probably being a complete idiot but unfortunately I'm not that PC literate. I have just bought a new PC and want to continue playing my FM2008 saved games (even though 09 will be out in just over a month!). Could someone please walk me through the proceedure? I have patched the game completely on my old PC and have added a couple of skins and graphics packs. Thanks:confused:

Ok guys, I know that I'm probably being a complete idiot but unfortunately I'm not that PC literate. I have just bought a new PC and want to continue playing my FM2008 saved games (even though 09 will be out in just over a month!). Could someone please walk me through the proceedure? I have patched the game completely on my old PC and have added a couple of skins and graphics packs. Thanks:confused:

Ok. The first thing you obviously need to do is install FM08 from the CD on to your new PC. You also need to patch it up.

Then just go to 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/games' on your old PC and copy the files in there on to a memory stick. Then copy them from the memory stick on to the above location on your new computer. You also can do the same thing for your custom databases, skins and graphics. They are all in the Football Manager 2008 folder but obviously put them in the appropriate folder on your new PC.

Let me know you need any more help. :)

No problem. :)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Right I went to install FM2008 on my PC but for some reason then PC won't load and install the game! This is driving me nuts, I usually play FM nearly every night whilst the mrs watches some crap on TV I'm getting dangerously close to her asking me to sit next to her and endure Peter & Jordan or something! Save me!!!!!!!

Archived