Which Achievement do you rate more?

Personally as a Sheffield United fan i would say my greatest achievement was keeping them in the premiership in my first season in the top flight. Sinse then I have moved them on to greater things, eg. europe. But that season, despite no silverware i would call my most succesful.

What was your favourite achievement and why do you rate it more than others?

Winning promotion

Winning the League

Winning a Domestic Cup

Winning a European Cup

Avoiding Relegation

Getting a team into Europe

Success on the International stage

Or other

It all depends on the context of the challenge/team you're playing with i.e. winning promotion with Charlton isn't all that good, but winning automatic promotion with Preston is good.

My greatest achievement has got to be winning the CL with FC Bayern, and again that comes down to context, because normally that's no big deal because Bayern are a good team, but I won it with an entirely German first team. In fact not one single foreigner played for me in the CL last season :p

despite all the success ive built with my Liverpool team through the years, im still pretty damn proud of getting Chippenham Town, a previously unplayable team, up to the heady heights of league one...

In any version of FM my greatest achievement would have to be winning the Champions League with Icelandic team Grindavik as I never in a million years thought it would be possible (specially for Nomis07, Bayern Munich 0-5 Grindavik by half time in the semi-final was a particular highlight ;)).

In FM08 it would be a toss up between winning the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen one season, having put style ahead of results and my first season at Hibs finishing 3rd (after 2 wins from our first 11 games), semi-finals of the League cup (losing to Celtic :mad:) and winning the FA cup beating Celtic, Hearts and then Rangers from 0-2 down in the final.

It would have to be winning promotion via the playoffs. The number of times I've been beaten in the final makes it extra special when I do get promoted.

That would be my favourite achievement anyway, greatest would be something like winning the CL with Prescot Cables.

In any version of FM my greatest achievement would have to be winning the Champions League with Icelandic team Grindavik as I never in a million years thought it would be possible (specially for Nomis07, Bayern Munich 0-5 Grindavik by half time in the semi-final was a particular highlight ;)).

:mad:

Have to admit that's a quality achievement though. Don't see anyone beating that.

Which version was that?

I'm trying something similar at the moment, trying to win the CL with a team from NI.

winning asian champions league with south china. i was doubling up as hong kong manager. a world cup qualifier landed on the same day or the day before. i didnt realise and accidently called up 9 players from my team so was left with the 3 foreigners and my naffy youth players. drew the first leg 2-2 and some how fluked a 3-3 in the second. i had 4 shots to their 22!!!

(lost the qualifier 2-0 but didnt care. was like a dog with two d****s for the next day!)

I'm trying something similar at the moment, trying to win the CL with a team from NI.

Ha, which team? I'm from Norn Iron so it would be interesting to see who you decided to take on. Please say it's the PSNI, the thought of the Police winning the CL is brilliant :D

Which version was that?

FM06, so it was easier than FM08, but less so than CM03/04!

I achieved less in FM06 with bigger teams actually - I think the Grindavik thing had a lot to do with the fact that we became so dominant in Iceland that the team had such high morale and form we felt we could walk on water and carried that through into our Champions League games, despite the fact they were mostly played in our off-season so that my players had no holiday for ~5 years as each season overlapped with the previous and the next in a never-ending run of games (although there is of course a Christmas break in the Champions League, but the game never sent my players on holiday during that time)

Personally as a Sheffield United fan i would say my greatest achievement was keeping them in the premiership in my first season in the top flight. Sinse then I have moved them on to greater things, eg. europe. But that season, despite no silverware i would call my most succesful.

What was your favourite achievement and why do you rate it more than others?

Winning promotion

Winning the League

Winning a Domestic Cup

Winning a European Cup

Avoiding Relegation

Getting a team into Europe

Success on the International stage

Or other

Winning the League with Shakhtar. Why? Because I beat my rival Dynamo Kiev.

Ha, which team? I'm from Norn Iron so it would be interesting to see who you decided to take on. Please say it's the PSNI, the thought of the Police winning the CL is brilliant :D

I'm actually trying to do the same as Dafuge. Except I'm Killyleagh and I can't beat PSNI. they must bribe the ref ( they can get away with it as you said they are police men)

I'm Sirocco Works. I've reached the first knockout round three times now but keep getting beaten.

Asking what someone's favourite achievement and what they rate more is really two different things. I only manage big clubs, so any of my achievements are not that impressive. I would have to say my favourite could be picked from any number of the things I've won on my current save with Man. United. I know they aren't impressive, but they still mean something more to me than anything else. As for which of my achievements mean the most, it would have to be winning the UEFA Cup with Panathinaikos on FM07 and then taking them to the Champions League quarter-finals the following season. Again, nothing to write home about. But it didn't feel easy at the time!

I'm Sirocco Works. I've reached the first knockout round three times now but keep getting beaten.

The players will be tired after all their hard work in the office during the day :D The NI League is pretty awful, but it is interesting to see how business's and work teams have progressed over the years and keep their name, but aren't exclusively linked to staff members. We have a team in the lower leagues called "Northern Ireland Civil Service" and who could forget "Queens University Belfast". In some ways it's funny, but it's interesting for me lol.

Harland & Wolff (sp?) Welders always sound like an intriguing team to me!

As far as reaching the first knockout round and losing goes, I did that for quite a few seasons with Grindavik too - the seeding system screwed us over once or twice, but eventually we made that breakthrough to qualify for the group stage for the first time. Funnily enough my cheap and cheerful IA Akranes team of that same game qualified for the group stage at the first time of asking by beating Benfica after the one season in which they toppled Grindavik domestically, but they finished bottom of their group.

Harland & Wolff (sp?) Welders always sound like an intriguing team to me!

They built the Titanic actually, and as you drive into Belfast you can see two massive cranes with "H&W" on the side, they are known as David and Goliath (one is slightly smaller than the other).

Personally I'm still proud of making Exeter City back to back Champions League Winners (think this was on FM06) - it took about 20 seasons though!

Have recently taken Bath City to the League One Play off final as well - but lost to Port Vale 6-0 and got relegated the following year!

After losing in 2 championship playoff finals finally getting automatic promotion with Crewe was brilliant but then finishing 8th in the prem was even better. Always feels a bit better getting the team you watch every home game IRL to the top league.

Got my Kettering team promoted

Dont think i've ever been more happy than when i cam from 2-0 in the play-off final against Forest Green

Awful Awful Jamie Young conceding 2 easy goals, Lee Harper was on sharpish

Getting my QUB team from second division to the premier division in 3 seasons!

First season saw us being in the fourth place in second division, 2 positions below our final position of the second season. Second season also saw us reaching the Northern Irish Cup Quarter Final - from which we were knocked off thanks to Glentoran.

Third season was a miracle, we promoted yet again - this time to premier division! We also won the Northern Irish Cup - without draw luck as we only played one team which wasn't in the premier division!

The fourth season didn't start well though, Maccabi Netanya won 12-0 on aggregate in UEFA Cup 1st Qualifying Round :(

Although winning automatic promotion in my first season with Preston was great, I'd say it was taking the team into the Premier League and fighting for the title right up to the final day after winning promotion. I did it with a right bunch of misfits, players who I'd bought because they were unwanted elsewhere.

A few CL seasons allowed me to make the squad excellent, fill it with World Class players, but that first season was as close as I ever came to taking the title.

Winning the World cup with a frankly awful Cameroon side was my greatest achievement. I enjoyed that more than my league, FA Cup and Champions league treble with QPR. With my club side I pretty much know what i'm going to, or expect to, achieve by the quality of my squad. But the World cup was just a run of form and sheer luck.

has to be my exploits as togo manager, beating brazil in the world cup opening ceremony 2-1, drawing with USA, and losing to italy in other group games, beat england on penalties in knockout round, beat norway on penalties in the quater finals, lost 2-1 to argentina in semis, and lost 2-1 to australia in 3rd place play off - so i got togo to 4th place. then in a friendly in togo just after the world cup i beat brazil again, 1-0 thanks to a stunning solo goal from Emmanuel Adebayor

Archived