Money makes money......doesn't it?

Hi,

Hope im in the right area, my first post here.

Quick question really. Any good hints and tips for making a bit of money as I noticed on one picture I saw some chap had 250m in the bank. I appreciate he's probably been playing for many season and won everything several times but just wondered if there were some good ways to generate more cash.

Cheers.

Hi,

Hope im in the right area, my first post here.

Quick question really. Any good hints and tips for making a bit of money as I noticed on one picture I saw some chap had 250m in the bank. I appreciate he's probably been playing for many season and won everything several times but just wondered if there were some good ways to generate more cash.

Cheers.

Well, sounds simple but i've found generally keeping your bank balance out of the red and keeping within budgets is the main two basic things to do. IF you do that, if when you get sucess you'll reap the rewards and even if you dont have success, as long as you keep within your budgets your bank balance usually improves.....

Also when buying players i almost never but a player who is 28 or over... why? because if i pay a fee i want a) the player to be good enough for at least 3 seasons, so your getting moneys worth and b) buying younger players they usually keep or increase their value which means you get a good return when selling

"making" money is not as hard as it sounds. Just make sure you stay below your wage budget. Together with prize money (meaning, success) & tv rights, that should do the trick mostly.

Selling players you don't need, or letting them go on loan with the other club paying their wages is good too. And youngsters usually ask far less wages than older players.

So yeah, making money is easy. Just don't go into the red, abide by the wage budget and perform properly, then you'll be seeing you're making money. Perhaps not as much the first few times, but it'll grow.

Success seems to be the key to making money for me. For some strange reason I have lost money every month (except in my first season where I made a lot of money each month) when I manage Bayern Munich. My stadium is full every game, my highest earner is on £45k, my wage budget is a measley £450k, and I never spend big money on players, yet I still lose money every month.

The only reason I have gradually improved club finances is because I win the league and at least one domestic cup every year :(

Another good tip is to add on a percentage of next sale clause on everybody you sell.

Nobody leaves my team without one.

I second this. 9 out of 10 players that I let go have a 50% sell-on attached - the AI teams never seem to mind doing this. Such a good feeling when €20m drops in your lap from a sell-on clause you attached to some player you sold about 10 years ago and had completely forgotten about. I have even let plenty of players go for €0 with 50% sell-on and some of them have been sold on for massive amounts.

I guess the things I'd offer are:

1. Stay well below the wage budget and transfer budgets allotted.

2. Players: buy low, sell high. Typically that means investing a couple years in grooming youth and turning them over for a profit .. and never going after "big name" signings. You can sometimes milk larger transfer fees out of clubs by selling the player over 24 months, and you can usually get a sell-on fee as well. It takes a couple years for those to really start paying dividends, but its worth doing.

3. Cup runs: especially as a small team, Cup runs can be very lucrative. Extra home matches, prize monies, etc, can make a huge difference - especially if you can draw one of the big clubs. And especially so if you can qualify for Europe via a Cup before you are ready to do so via League position!

4. Use the "Arrange friendly" clause - the best way to make a huge profit in pre-season friendlies is to have a few no-fee home friendlies against Man U, Chelsea, etc .. because you sold a player to them the previous year and ticked the "Arrange Friendly" clause.

5. Keep your scouts local. Your "Other" costs will be much higher if you are sending scouts to South America, Africa, Asia, and other far-flung locales. Keep the scout local, and you'll keep costs down. At very least, don't bother scouting any country which doesn't have an "Active" league - you get a much better return-on-investment for scouting Active leagues.

6. Use your loans-in. There's nothing better than getting a quality player .. unless its getting a quality player for free. Even a mid-level Premiership team can pick up a couple quality players on loans from the top teams.

7. Sign players on Bosmans. There's nothing better than getting a quality player .. unless its getting a quality player for free. :D

I like to loan out lots of players.

I usually demand compensation proportional to the player's value and time loaned. For example, if a player is worth 5m, I demand 2.5m for a full year loan. 1.2m for 6 months. You get the idea. Obviously, the other team is also responsible for the player's salary.

The other thing this ensures is that my player will get first team experience. Most teams are only willing to pay if they really intend to use the player.

With a top-class team, I can usually make 10m+ extra per season. More usually.

I like to loan out lots of players.

I usually demand compensation proportional to the player's value and time loaned. For example, if a player is worth 5m, I demand 2.5m for a full year loan. 1.2m for 6 months. You get the idea. Obviously, the other team is also responsible for the player's salary.

The other thing this ensures is that my player will get first team experience. Most teams are only willing to pay if they really intend to use the player.

With a top-class team, I can usually make 10m+ extra per season. More usually.

do you loan out youngsters or do you loan out your first teamers?? i can never seem to get any money for my youngsters while they are getting loaned out even if they are quite good and worth 5mil +

Archived