Dodgy Scout reports

I'm not sure if you guys share the same thoughts as me but i think this scout report is way off the mark.

My current GK is Shust, iv just scouted a GK from mexico called Miguel Angel Fraga.

the scout report gives Fraga a glowing referance. the thing that bugs me is the following..

Hight 5 11" Concentration 8, Composure 7, Agility 11, Balance 6, Jumping 9, Acceleration 8 and 7 for Pace..

Now shust have better stats in key area's. considering Fagal is on the short side and dont have very high physical stats surly these would underpin stopping him from beeing a comanding GK.

His Gk Attributes do look good enoygh to be a golie tho..

well, apart from the fact that Shust is older, and therefore more developed than Fraga... concentration and composure will improve with time, as will the other attributes... he may not be as good as Shust is now, but he could be better than him in the future... so he's not right tall, not all goalkeepers are, but also.. the scout report is just an OPINION.. its not necessarily right

Most of them are not key stats for keepers...

The accurracy of the reports depends on the skill of your scouts and how often a player was scouted. I once got a scout report with West Brom that said leading EPL player as potential right before the end of the transfer period. Delighted, I swooped 3m for the player, just to see the potential reduced to future decent EPL player in the second report which came along with the news item that I signed the guy.

I felt so gutted, even more as my enthusiasm wasn't very professional and likely to be wrong after the player was scouted a single time.

Scout reports are always poo, I just use them to unmask attributes and then make up my own mind on whether the player is good enough or not.

I've had scouts tell me a striker is 4th best in the squad and I should be looking to offload them, 2 weeks after finishing the season with a goal a game :rolleyes:

Scout reports are always poo, I just use them to unmask attributes and then make up my own mind on whether the player is good enough or not.

Yes, so do I. If I would trust my scout, I would be totally sure that VDV is 7th best attacking midfielder in my Shakhtar squad, while top6 are decent Ukrainians.

Archived