Changing Data base size. (advice)?

When starting a new game i normally opt for large Data-Base with top 4 Nation's from Europe, England, Italy, Spain and Germany..

Obviously the game loads in what players around the world that it feels fit.

What id like to know is, If i use the small data base and then create DDT file, how many clubs would i need from what nations would i need to load in to be near the data base when on large?

I find long term games needs more clubs to have active players as i find after 5 season's or the same big clubs chase the limited top players all from the same nations..

I don't think there's any similarity in having a small database with a few DDTs and a large database. A large database seems to contain a lot more players from everywhere. Then again, I can't remember whenever I last played with a small database, as I prefer having options to players.

A bit off-topic, but how exactly do you use the DDT-files?

I don't think there's any similarity in having a small database with a few DDTs and a large database. A large database seems to contain a lot more players from everywhere. Then again, I can't remember whenever I last played with a small database, as I prefer having options to players.

A bit off-topic, but how exactly do you use the DDT-files?

Here is a guide.

Try a medium database. Load the top two divisions from England, France, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Germany, and any other leagues you want. Then load all players from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Russia, and Sweden, plus any others you want. I find that those settings keep a lot of players in the game. In any ideal world you'd load the South American leagues as well (and make them playable), because these produce a lot of regens and the regens are generally better players (due to high training facilities). Ukraine produce a lot of good regens in my saves, as do the Ivory Coast.

I go with something similar to SCAIG, but I've found:

Making playable the top league in each of: England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Brazil, and Argentina .. to be sufficient for me. You may also want Belgium and Poland top divisions active, if you plan on using those for work-permit issues frequently.

Beyond that, I'll make active any league I actually intend to manage in, as far down as I can make it go. (E.g., if I think I'm likely to manage in Spain, I know I'll want to have my 'B' team play in an active league .. and if I'm planning on managing a top Holland team, I'll make all Dutch leagues active so that when I loan players out, they have real matches to play in.)

Archived