Nicknames…

I have been playing FM and CM for some time now, but something struck me just now. You may or may not find this a useful feature, but I want to give myself a nickname in the game.

Is that possible?

If yes: How?

If not: Are there more lads out there who would like to have this feature? I know I would. I mean I'm not the kinda person who's disappointed with the name given by his or her parents or anything, but I don't feel the need to be referred to with my full name all the time.

What jod said.

I love this feature. I like how loads of people post screenies covering up their names with big white boxes, when in reality they could just give themselves a nickname, like I do. :)

I love this feature. I like how loads of people post screenies covering up their names with big white boxes, when in reality they could just give themselves a nickname, like I do. :)

I don't bother covering it up or using a nickname. I'm not worth stalking or murdering and most of the people on here are too busy in the FA Cup to give a hoot.

I always use this as well, it allows me to have a single name 'dafuge' rather than a split name like 'da fuge'. Saying that, Fuge Park was quite a cool name for a stadium at AFC Wimbledon.

That does sound cool.

I don't really change nicknames, i've been called "Gaffa" since day 1. ;)

I don't bother covering it up or using a nickname. I'm not worth stalking or murdering and most of the people on here are too busy in the FA Cup to give a hoot.

Ahhh, you see, I am worth stalking! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I tended to find nicknames useless...

Until I ended up with a brazilian centerback and a croatian striker with the same name.

Now one of them is "Neto".

Snap.

Had Guilherme the Brazilian striker, and Guilherme the Brazilian left-back, so the latter had his name lengthened.

I give my coaches and scouts their JCA and JPA in their name, so I get Bob Hope 15/18 and Da Fuge 20/20 etc.

That tells me how reliable they are.

I am going to give managers nicknames now- Hairdrier, meet Professor. Professor, meet The Fat Spaniard.

I couldn't do it with players though- it would annoy me in the ME.

I started using nicknames, and only really use them, when i play as teams in the Ukraine/Russia.

It becomes an eyesore, IMO, to look at your squad due to all the k's,y's,z's,and l's. So i give my players nicknames to make them easier to see.

For example my back line at Shakatar consists of: Cooker,Mario,Mitri and Rat

Archived