What do you think is the most fun part of the game?

A simple question. Out of all the fun things you can do in FM, what do you enjoy doing (or seeing) most?

(Courtesy to Mike7077, who came up with the idea of making it a new thread)

For me, I think it is preparing my club for the season. Doesn't matter whether they're staff, players or tactics, I do the most in the early parts of the game. If anything, if I get sacked, the new manager should be happy with whatever I left behind.

The most fun I had in FM was during my first ever full season with Sheffield United in FM2007 - 2 games from the finishing post.

Last two games? Arsenal and Everton ^_^

Before Arsenal:

5. Everton - 63

6. Sheff Utd - 63

Sheff Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal

Table:

2. Man Utd - 66

3. Sheff Utd - 66

4. Liverpool - 65

5. Arsenal - 65

6. Everton - 63

Everton 4 - 2 Sheff Utd

Table:

2. Arsenal - 68

3. Liverpool - 68

4. Man Utd - 67

5. Everton - 66

6. Sheff Utd - 66

An absolute epic. I just love seeing the game throw up such close ends to the season.

My favourite part of the game is buying an absolute bargain, who then goes on to score 3 goals in 3 matches at the start of the season. ^_^

Finding brilliant young players and bringing them through the ranks, or signing them for dirt cheap and getting 5 million profit 3 years later.

I also enjoy pulling of huge transfer coups, in my QPR game signing Ryan Babel,Peter Crouch and Dimi Berbatov for 25 million in 2010 made me feel so proud, also after doing a player search in 2012 it has said Sergio Ramos and Micah Richards would be intrested in joining m :D

I totally prefer the transfer market part of the game. Spending hours and hours looking through the player search and different teams, hiring new staff, offering new contracts. Actually I might even go as far as saying that if there was a game (as realistic as FM :D ) where you only had to do that and let someone else take care of the games, I would enjoy it :D

Trawling the world for talented youngsters. I love it more than anything else. Building a dynasty is where it's at.

To be honest if I could skip the whole tedious watching the game thing I would. Even fastest text is too damn slow.

VB

I love it all so much, best game i've ever played. but the things that give me satisfaction is looking at the percentages at 90 minutes. I find having high percentage of possession is an absolute joy to watch on the game highlights, i also like to make sure crosses, tackling and heading successes are as high as they can. And each game i aim for at least 75% shots on target. Doing all these, i dominate the game. Play the percentages and the game is won.

I love the feeling of seeing that huge signing I'm trying to make go through.....when you see the message with the red dot.....just the feeling of "YES!!! I GOT HIM!!!!"

Also, I played a game with Juventus (after like 8 years with Leicester) and in the CL Quarterfinal against Chelsea (which I didn't expect to win) My regen ST with 19 finishing, 17 composure, that I bought for 20 million pounds scores the game winning away goal with 30 seconds left in injury time.....I screamed ERIC CAMUS and went on the win the CL title. I then got fired for not winning the Serie A, but it's still my favorite FM moment

Mine is a bit different: trying to maintain a squad in perfect balance. And by balance I mean that there should be a fair bit of competition for all places, but at the same time, the team should have a clear first-choice for each position. The second choice should be chosen (and paid) so that he is fit for rotation rather than key player status. This usually means that I have a happy team, and happy teams perform well, and can sustain losses in a much better way.

I also like the aspects mentioned above, but team balance and happiness is tough to achieve, and I'm delighted whenever I manage to get that.

I totally prefer the transfer market part of the game. Spending hours and hours looking through the player search and different teams, hiring new staff, offering new contracts. Actually I might even go as far as saying that if there was a game (as realistic as FM :D ) where you only had to do that and let someone else take care of the games, I would enjoy it :D

I agree and would enjoy an option to play as "Director of Football" rather than "Manager". Roles would be dealing with the transfer market, and hiring and firing the manager as well as the other staff.

I agree and would enjoy an option to play as "Director of Football" rather than "Manager". Roles would be dealing with the transfer market, and hiring and firing the manager as well as the other staff.

How often can you hire and fire staff though? Basically the game would consist of 2 months, August and January where you sort out transfers and then otherwise you'd just be hiring and firing for something to do.

The most enjoyable aspect of the game for me is the real football emotion it evokes in us, the way your nerves start to go when you'r 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go, it's just like watching your team IRL.

Creating a tactic and watching your team play to it perfectly and winning from it (I made a simple 4-4-2 tactic and my Eastbourne Borough team were playing beautiful little triangles - shame I accidently deleted it :(), and finding a future superstar regen (which is yet to happen with me because I never get far enough in the game - I suffer terribly from Restartitis ;)).

How often can you hire and fire staff though? Basically the game would consist of 2 months, August and January where you sort out transfers and then otherwise you'd just be hiring and firing for something to do.

Which for those of us whose favourite aspects of the game are transfers and youth development, would be a good thing. I like to see my players progress and tire of chugging through 50-game seasons in order to do so. Additionally, if AI managers are properly implemented with the preferred moves mooted elsewhere, picking new managers would be a new and exciting addition if you've selected to be Director of Football. On a side note I'd like to also be able to choose to be Assistant Manager or Youth Team Manager.

Bringing young local lads threw the youth team, reserves, loans and finally to the first team. Taking a lad from salford and turning him into an old tafford hero is a real tear jerker. I also love taking the adriano's and Stan collymore's of FM and unlocking there true potentials.

The most fun for me is seeing how the leagues progress and develop over time - basically the bits I have no control over...

I love the stories that get thrown up. Last season Catanzaro won the UEFA Cup, while also finishing bottom of Serie A. Russia won their fist ever World Cup, Benfica won the Champions League for the fist time in over 100 years, Southampton finally broke Aston Villa's domination of the English game and Newcastle got relegated to League Two, where tey will have matches against Portsmouth, Charlton and Watford. Dalington reached the Premiership for the first time in their history.

That was all last season, but cool stuff like this happens every year.

It's what makes me keep playing.

The most fun for me is seeing how the leagues progress and develop over time - basically the bits I have no control over...

Oh, I love that too. Although it sometimes annoys me as well, as I see things which should realistically not happen - or at least not in the first x years.

Totally agree mate. It also interests me what the names are of the worlds best in the future i.e the Ronaldo's and Kaka's of the future.

I love the stories that get thrown up. Last season Catanzaro won the UEFA Cup, while also finishing bottom of Serie A. Russia won their fist ever World Cup, Benfica won the Champions League for the fist time in over 100 years, Southampton finally broke Aston Villa's domination of the English game and Newcastle got relegated to League Two, where tey will have matches against Portsmouth, Charlton and Watford. Dalington reached the Premiership for the first time in their history.

That was all last season, but cool stuff like this happens every year.

What season are you in? I'm in 2018 and it's crazy seeing a bankrupt Everton getting 10 points deducted in league 1 after going bankrupt and into recievership.

But you sound further into the game than me by a long way.

What season are you in? I'm in 2018 and it's crazy seeing a bankrupt Everton getting 10 points deducted in league 1 after going bankrupt and into recievership.

But you sound further into the game than me by a long way.

I'm in 2074, on a game i've had going since FM05.

I can't stop, I need to know what happens next...

Archived