Players wanting a bigger club Dilema

I'm Ipswich Town Manager and iv have finished 11th for the last 2 season's. im findign it hard to find better players than i have and im also finding it hard to move higher in general..

Iv got the likes of Shust who want sa biger club move, Joe Mattaock who i have been fighting to keep at the club for years now, he wants to go, i have a player Jon O'Shea a regen who looks fantastic. he wants to leave for a bigger club.

I have left back Matthew Briggs who is young and could be a replacment for Mattock, but he wants a bigger club move. Iv already off loaded my AMR cos he wanted a bigger club..

they are upset because iv declined bids. im findign hard enough to win an dfinish higher in the league may be due to tactics which i can't get right,

am i to sell all these players or keep them here unhappy. will it effect results or there performance's?

It depends on the player as to how they perform while unhappy. In my last season my RB and LB were both unhappy, but remained first team players as they kept their form. A DM I had was class, until a big offer came in for him, made him unsettled and he became virtually useless! It all depends on their personality.

Occasionally you can hit the glass ceiling of progression v reputation

to get progression you need better players

to get better players you need a better reputation

to get a better reputation you need to progress

it can take 1 or 2 seasons to struggle through, or it can take 8+

sometimes the best option is to resign & look for a new job

A sort of cheat is to negotiate the offer until the other club won't accept it and then the player isn't unhappy because you never declined it.

I don't do that and if a player wants to go I just let him go, but I try to get as much as I can for him.

This was one of the biggest problem in my Colchester team.

Star MC wants to move to Arsenal and was unsettled. Not only he's form dropped, team mates start dis-liking him and caused moral dropped.

I have found that once a player annonce publicly he wants to move to bigger club, you could give him a warning for unprofessional behavior, not sure it it works.

Archived