Is it too easy to get a player to become prolific?

Well, I've been playing several saves where I don't sign anyone the first season, and I can almost always get one of the players to become prolific. I.E. in my first season at Wolves, I've gotten Stephen Elliot to get one almost every game, when in real life he's only scored four in twenty something. The same goes for players like Jimmy Briand, Bogdan Stancu, Wayne Rooney (Yes he is good but not prolific) etc...

It just seems really easy to get average players, or players with 'potential' to score for fun. I don't know whether they need their stats dropped, or what, it just seems to me that if you disregard what your ass. man says and play just about anyone they can and will score.

Now, on the other hand, actual prolific players (In their respective leagues) I don't think are quite up to snuff. I.E. Al-Hawasawi plays better for me than Fernando Torres does, often.

Now, I don't know what your thoughts on this are, so go ahead and give them.

do you play 1 upfront?

alot of the time if you do and he has good players behind him that will play him through he will get a few goals but he will always miss quite a few since his stats are poor. I agree with the torres point although you can get him to his season total (around 35 goals) but he doesnt really take the next step with the tactics i use. I find it a joke that players like adebayor and rooney score so many goals.... surely its not hard to tone them down a bit since it is quite easily noticed. I was reading the other day in teh data forum and one of the researchers said something like 'its not about their stats individually but all their stats together' (not a direct quote) when he said this he was talking about the balance of players (this was on torres when people were saying he should have higher x stat). Anyway i find it anoying that people are concentrating on a player who is fairly realistic in this game but forget some other players since they support that team /wink

I find players going on good 10-game runs then choking for six. Most prolific I've had is David Villa playing alongside Torres, but he wasn't on top form all season.

My opposition tends to be far more prolific than my players. The afore-mentioned Rooney plus Adebayor, Ibrahimovich and Drogba. Or perhaps they just score against ME.

I find players going on good 10-game runs then choking for six. Most prolific I've had is David Villa playing alongside Torres, but he wasn't on top form all season.

My opposition tends to be far more prolific than my players. The afore-mentioned Rooney plus Adebayor, Ibrahimovich and Drogba. Or perhaps they just score against ME.

those 4 players are pretty much all BY FAR the best strikers in the game imo (but irl they are more down with the rest of the pack)

Yes, it is too easy to make a player prolific and too many stikers become insane goal machines.

Ibrahimovic has 98 goals in 128 appearances for Sweden on my game, which really annoys me, I hope international goals scored are sorted out in FM09. Even in my own team Kuranyi was good, but no way was he good enough to score over a goal a game three seasons running.

40 goals in one season is a bit ridiculous and it happens way too often. By 2015 each of my strikers was picking up roughly a goal a game, i've actually started to look for lesser players up front to try and make it a bit more realistic :(

Does that not annoy you? Do you not feel like dropping him because it's just plain wrong?

Well, not really... It's a game, and like the AI you have to play within the rules of the game.

Though it is slightly odd to see one player dragging Sweden to victory after victory...

32 year old Miroslav Klose netted something like 48 goals in 40 games in all competitions for Bayern Munich in my last season. As Werder Bremen manager that irked me no end since he is a former Bremen hero scoring the goals that saw Bayern humiliate every other team in the Bundesliga as they took our title back off us :(

32 year old Miroslav Klose netted something like 48 goals in 40 games in all competitions for Bayern Munich in my last season. As Werder Bremen manager that irked me no end since he is a former Bremen hero scoring the goals that saw Bayern humiliate every other team in the Bundesliga as they took our title back off us :(

That has annoyed me too, because in each of my Bayern saves he always becomes unsettled in the second season and scores very few goals so I have to sell him on :mad: Same with Toni.

Archived