In your current game, what are your ambitions?

Just posting a topic about what you are setting your sights on with your team.

I'm currently Falkirk, it's coming to the end of 2008 and would like to compete in European football next season - certainly doesn't look likely.

It doesn't matter how far you are in your game, what do you want to achieve by the end of the season(s) or your spell with the club? It can be personal goals, ultimate success etc.

Currently playing short term challenges from the CSE forums - Reading Challenge from 20 second challenges and Man United quadruple challenge from 20/20 challenges. So in them it is obviously to achieve the goals of the challenge.

My current game that is not a challenge is AFC Wimbledon. I am still in the Blue Square Premier despite it being 2012. Hoepfully this is the season we finally get promoted to League 2.

I've got 2 games currently, alternate between the 2

1st: Just achieved my ambition of Champion's League victory with Bristol City in the 2020-21 season, lot of time and effort went into that lol

2nd: Just started a game with Liverpool, to prove to myself that Rafa Benitez is a numpty and that I can do better than him, aim is just to place above 4th in 1st season really, work up from there

Ive also got a couple of games going at the minute;

Game Number 1 - Manchester United

The Aims - To win every competiton I enter. These are not my aims resally, just what the board are fans tend to expect! I support United, and just want to make them the dominant force in Europe for years to come.

Game Number 2 - Ajax

The Aims - Well so far I have sold every outfield player I have over the age of 25, and have only brought in 3 players, all of which are Dutch and 23 or under. Im expected to win the league by the end of a 2 year plan, so in my first seaon Im happy to lose a few games if this means all the youngsters are getting game time. I want to build a side that is just about all Dutch, (with the odd foreigner thrown in), that can dominate domestic football, and atleast challenge in Europe. Current;y the average age of my squad is 22!!

Success in the short term isn't paramount to me, but developing the youngsters is.

Currently playing as Athletico Madrid, in 2012/13 season.

Won the league for the first time last year, so current aim for this season is successfully defend that and get to the champions league semi-final which would equal my best result in the competition to date. Aim to win it by 2015.

Overall long term aim is to become the best team in madrid by out performing Real in every competition for 5 years running.

My ambition is the qualify for the UEFA cup coming 3rd in Champions League Group C with my TNS squad from Wales. Won league and cup in first season and won all 3 qualifying rounds of the Champions League in season 2. Now I'm in the group with Liverpool, AS Monaco and AZ. Lost first two matches and now I have to win against Liverpool to qualify for UEFA Cup. :(

I'm playing with Nottingham Forest (the reason Arsenal have red shirts)....I just got them into the Championship, and I aim to make the Prem in the next 4 years. The board wants a respectable finish in two years, so I have plenty of time to build the squad and get some money in the club

Interesting that you should bring this topic up.

I'm a routine cheater. No matter how hard I try, things go against me and I do a little editing. But for the first time with this game, i'm currently trying, not cheating at all. In fact, i've even called my save file 'CAREER GAME - DO NOT CHEAT'. I'm determined not to do it.

My goal that I set myself at the start of the game was to take a side in League Two, preferably a relegation candidate, and no matter how much time it took, even if it were 100 years, make it to the Champions League.

I chose Dagenham and Redbridge, first season, they're predicted 21st out of 24. I take this route with my new determination, i make some astute signings on loan (I've got no money and no wages really) and make a play for it. I manage to make roughly £800,000 profit the first season, which compared to what I got at the start was pretty good, even the finance bit gave me the old 'considering sacking our accountant etc etc'.

I manage to finish the season a mighty 9th, just 2 points off the playoffs and only 7 points off automatic promotion.

Next season starts, I still have no money, still have no wages, fine, that's cool.. This time though, instead of avoiding relegation, the board expect promotion. I can no longer get any half decent strikers on loan, only 3 League Two level defenders are open to me for the first three months. I've not got much firepower up front but I do manage to snag on a free transfer a Championship level striker, who's scored two in his first two games.

However, with a half decent striker and one half decent defender, and the expectation of going up, I really don't know if I can continue with this.

What's got me the most is the board going from Relegation Candidates to Promotion chasers, when this is all still within the two year plan, which was simply at the end of the two year plan, wanting me to 'enjoy playing in league two'!

It will be a true travesty if we finish mid table (which given my situation would be a great achievement) and I end up sacked.

This seriously needs to be looked at, imagine if Everton finished 4th next season, can you imagine the board asking the manager to win the league?

Hopefully this is improved for 09, but I must admit, no editing or cheating at all, not even doing the old 'save game before the big match' thing..

Just playing as well as I can do, I must admit, i've fell in love with this game all over again.

Until this board sack me for doing a good job.

So back to the original question, target is simply to make a small club a huge club.

If given the chance by an unrealistic board.

Wolves:

Win the championship, currently 1st in January and in the semi-finals of the League Cup, drawn against Man. City. After I get promoted (Most likely) I want to consolidate a place in the Premiership, and not get relegated. After that the long and arduous journey up the table. I also plan on (At some point) trying to have the largest stadium in England. I've got some great young talent I brought in as well.

Currently in my first season with St.Pauli, not doing overly well so far in the Second Division so will be hoping to at least finish in mid-table at end of season before strengthening for new season to either challenge for promotion or depending on players I manage to bring in hopefully gain promotion.

My progress will be posted in the Career Thread in the Challenges Forum :)

currently with crawley town in Blue Square Premier....promoted to League 2 and relegated back so trying get promoted again....in 10 years I'm trying to get to Championship at least :) but dont seem like it will be :(

Since all the talk about Man Utd going into administration and getting relegated my long term save ambition is to take over them when they get relegated and do a Ferguson. Unfortunately i'm in 2021 and they have just won the double so it looks like it will be a while yet.

I started a game with Liverpool and my aim was to win the Premier League within 3 season, miraculously i did it in my 1st season only loosin once all season !!

so Now my aim is to Win the Champions League (only trophy thats evaded me in FM08) and win another trophy with that, in semi's of league cup won 1st leg 4-0 so hopefully that, still in fa cup and 3rd in league 5 points of 1st with game in hand, so who knows mayb a quad ? unlikely though, ill settle for champions league + 1 more trophy

also i have set out on a mission to sign young players and turn liverpool into world beaters with hopefully being worlds best team for a long time, my average squad age is 23 !!

In my Boca save my main aim was to overtake River as the most successful club in terms of league wins, they had 33. I now have 35 and I have only failed to win one other competition once, the sudamericana went out in the semi's once.

My aims now are really just to keep going set new records, then try to beat them.

I've just gone back to my Gateshead save after a little break where I managed Sunderland. In my Gateshead game it's now 2029 and I have a top class team which has won the Premier League and Champions League for the last two seasons.

So the team and me need a new challenge. That challenge is to find as many decent young English players as possible, sign them and then blood them into my first team as quickly as possible while selling off my other players as I go. I should also mention that I recently became England manager as well so I eventually want to field a team in a World or European cup final that consists of a first 11 made up entirely of players from my Gateshead team (and hopefully win).

This challenge would be fairly easy using a program like Genie but I'll be relying on my scouts, and basically I'll be getting them to constantly scout the England U21's and U19's as well as scouting the English leagues for young talent. Anyone who they think might turn out good will be getting bought and trained be me, with a view to sticking them in the first team within a couple of seasons.

The upsides to this challenge are that I currently have plenty of money in the game so can buy any youngsters that I want, when I want which will make it a lot easier. Also, in a few years most of my team should 'home grown' so I'll have no trouble with selecting players for the Champions League.

The downsides, however, are possibly many. My main concern is that as I'm relying on scouts I may end up with a bunch of players who aren't actually that good and who are certainly not going to be as good as my current squad. This could lead to all sorts of problems and may even lead to me getting the sack after 22 years in charge. Or teams may not want to buy my other players, as good as they are, which could lead to all sorts of disharmony within the club. This could be as bad as having a team full of useless players.

So the question is, will I find enough English youngsters to make a whole new decent team in say 3 years time? Will doing this cause me to get the sack? Will I be able to achieve my ultimate goal of having an all English first 11 for Gateshead that can win things? And can I then go onto win things with the same first 11 playing for England?

Current Status:

After an FA Cup win in my 1st and a brief flirtation with Europe in my 2nd season in the top flight, I finished 11th and decided to sell my main forward for £47m (£30m up front). He has suffered a great deal of injuries since he single handedly got me promoted and hasnt looked the same since so I feel I got a good deal.

Targets:

Short Term:- Qualify for Europe this season, Blood my promising Youngsters, Reduce squad size and a quarter final of a domestic Cup.

Long Term:- Have the majority of my team British and have several academy players in or around the 1st team.

In my Southampton game my cuurent ambition is the same as it has always been, to win the premiership within a decade. well i am now in my 10th season and with 6 games remaining i have a 7 point lead so heres hoping! The champions league is my goal.

I have also tried to be very pro-active with my youngsters (Sainst start with excellent youth facillites). Only one real success story so far is 20yr old Callum Thorne, who has just got his first England call-up, ok i am England manager as well, but he has merited it

I'm currently trying Gundo's challenge and trying to take FK Dinamo Vranje (bottom league Serbian team) from obscurity to champions league glory. Currently its first season and we're sitting mid table so I have a feeling this could take a while!!

To match Jock Stein's record of consecutive league wins with Celtic. Currently won the title 6 seasons in a row, in my 7th season at the moment. If I win the title this year (which looks likely, almost halfway through now and Rangers are not keeping up at all, about 15 points behind of me in 3rd they are now) then it'll equal the club record of 9 consecutive titles, then I can beat the club's record myself by winning it next season and then finally equal Stein's personal record of 9 the season after, and setting a club record of 11 consecutive title wins. Rangers have got progressively worse over the years and with me bringing in star quality players I continually dominate the SPL so hopefully if I plug away at the game (over 110 hours on this particular save file, my longest ever!) I could do it before FM2009 graces my disc drive.

I have 3 main games active currently:

Game 1: Fiorentina and Werder Bremen in 4th seasons

As every season my aim with Werder Bremen is to try to topple Bayern Munich to win the Bundesliga. 1st season we were close, 2nd season we managed it, 3rd season we were a very very distant 2nd and already in this 4th season it looks like we have to settle for 2nd again. Only ~14 games in, but Bayern are unbeaten and won their first 9 games - we can't compete with that level of consistency. As ever though, my main aim is to play attractive football at Bremen - winning is a secondary, but still very important aim, not least to try to keep my job since the board expect the title! I have no aims at all as far as Europe goes - as with every seaosn it can do take a long run off a short pier so long as I get some cash from it! At Fiorentina my aim is always to break into the top 4. First season 4th, second season 5th, 3rd season 6th after being 5th with a game to go. 4th season isn't really looking a whole lot better to be honest.

Game 2: Hibernian

Aim is, as always to topple the Old Firm and finish in the top 2 (preferably win the title, but I'll settle for taking it in stages). We pushed them so close for 33 games last season then fell apart in the last 5. Indications are, even very early in the 3rd season, that we will again fall short of that aim and have to settle for making sure we are best of the rest.

Game 3: Scunthorpe

Media expect us to finish bottom, board expected us to try to avoid relegation, but I told them I felt we could finish mid table. That's my public aim, privately I have outside hopes of grabbing a play-off place, but I'm keeping that to myself in game so men in white coats don't come and cart me away. Currently played 10, won 4, drawn 2, lost 4 and mid table - if we can improve our dismal away form and keep our strong home form we have a chance mebee...

I'm playing as Cherbourg at the mo (2009/10), I'm in League 2 (promoted from National) and my short term goal is promotion to league 1. I would also like to win the French cup (in the current season) and having already got to the semi's I think its doable, that would be about as good an accomplishment as I've ever achieved on any FM. French LLM is actually very fun as there are so many good French players in the League 1 reserves and National teams.

giving managing two clubs a bash, even though it seems to slow the game down massively... managing liverpool, hopefully making them back into a premiership force again, and just taken over at Middlesbrough. i felt sorry for them, not sure why... just 10 points by the 19th Jan! nothing like a challenge to keep them up! and no money to spend...

Current game: Tottenham Hotspur

1st season: Finish 5th or above. Passed - 4th

2nd season: Close the gap on the top 3.

3rd season: Challenge for the title

4th season: Win the Premier League

5th season: Win the Champions League

6th season: Win the treble

• 1 year later...

Playing as FC Kobenhavn

Im in the year 2016 now and club stature is gradually rising, my ultimate goal will be to get a stadium named after either myself or the masterful legend that is Marquinhos (the one from Internacional). Making a massive profit and am selling out my current stadium which has reached its max expansion, should get a new one soon :p

Archived