Legends thread

Just a curios to see who people think are legends in football, doesnt have to be the obvious of Pele, Bobby moore etc but who you personally think is a legendary player! hopefully may open i good discussion as to whether we agree or not.

Heres mine

Schmeichel, Cantona, Solsjkaer, Paolo Di Canio, Lev Yashin(theres an old one for you), Jose Luis Chilavert, Jorge Campos, Gigi Buffon

The '66 England team :D

Hmm... Lucas Radebe, Gary McAllister, Gary Speed, Billy Bremner, John Charles, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter, Peter Lorimer, Eddie Gray, Jack Charlton, Gary Kelly, Tony Yeboah, Allan Clarke, Jonathan Woodgate

I think I'll end it there! There's more but I can't remember them all!

Not at all it seems the trend is legends form your own team anyway, i put the iceman.

And yeah Le Tissier was a great player, a real entertainer i'll always remember the goal where he flicked it over his head about three times before netting, in fact he scored loads of classy goals and is a great example of loyalty in football. Something that's rare nowadays unfortunaltely!

:thup:

Robinson??????? What the hell I nearly wet myself laughing!!!!

Mine is Dennis Bergkamp - The Iceman!!! He had the magic touch!

I give him 10 votes, i've got a Bergkamp shirt from the 96/97 season framed on my wall, it's my shrine!

I've already mentioned the great man, but no harm in saying it again, it just proves what a player he was.

Best dutch footballer ever? I'll probably get strung up for that as I know.....Cruyff, Van Basten etc but Iceman was special in his own way.

Sorry to keep mentioning this :D But this forum need a clearup! It should be soley used for FMH discussion.

There is a football forum for this stuff, link below.

Football Forum = http://80.64.58.203/forumdisplay.php?f=14

or for non football, non FM discussion visit OTF

Off topic = http://80.64.58.203/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Archived