Skin Problem

Shut down FM.

For Vista:

1- In a window, go to Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

2- Now browse to C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

For XP:

1- Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

2- Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

Also delete the custom skins you have installed or move them out of the User folder temporarily.

That should do it.

Shut down FM.

For Vista:

1- In a window, go to Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > and select 'Show hidden files and folders'.

2- Now browse to C:\Users\<User Name>\App Data\Roaming and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

For XP:

1- Make sure you are able to see hidden folders:

When in a window, go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab and make sure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected.

2- Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

Also delete the custom skins you have installed or move them out of the User folder temporarily.

That should do it.

Im XP and i dont even have a c:\ documents and settings\

Im XP and i dont even have a c:\ documents and settings\

You must have. Go to Run and type 'C:' without the quotation marks into the dialogue box and the folder 'Documents and Settings' should be one of the folders in the window that appears.

Double click 'My Computer'.

If your drive is partitioned or you have two drives you should see:-

Name: System [C:]; Type: Local Disk

Name: Data [D:]; Type: Local Disk

Can you take a screenshot of yours and post back?

At the moment from what you have posted it doesn't sound like you deleted the right folder. It also sounds like you might not be an 'administrator' user. The reason I say this is that 'Documents and Settings' should have been in that list you posted.

Update: sussed the problem, its when i put anything into the c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 08\ folder, only tried kits and a new database update from sortioutsi, both together and seperatly, they make that screen go white like that, any ideas why?

Everything custom goes in the User Folder, by default

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

and then the relevant folder (skins, graphics etc.).

I don't know the specifics but it probably has to do with config files and you placing skin related config files into the Program Files folder caused confusion in terms of what to load and what not to load.

Archived