Nicknames: simple requested feature

Most players use their full name, but some show their nickname. It would be nice to have an option to click that would revert back to their full name, instead of displaying their nickname. We do have the option to add a nickname, but can't go the other way. Maybe I'm just tired of trying to keep up with who is "Diego" or "Raul" in any given year. (Or maybe I just can't stand Brazilian footballers.)

• 7 months later...

I'll add my agreement; my gripe is subtly different.

I can use "Set Nickname" to turn 16-year-old regen "Juan" back into "Juan Armendariz", which is his 'real name'.

However, from then on, the commentary only ever refers to him as "Juan Armendariz", and never uses his last name alone, "Armendariz". Likewise, the 'name' text over his sprite on the 3-D pitch reads "Juan Armendariz", rather than "Armendariz".

Its a real minor thing, but ten years on, when my world is full of "Manuel"s, "Juan"s, "David"s, "Cristian"s, and "Luis"es, its fairly jarring .. especially when two or more players with the same "single name" have risen to tremendous prominence in Brazil, Spain, etc.

I'd prefer a system in which regens started with their full name, and kept using their full name until reaching a certain reputation, and then adopted an appropriate "single name" which was currently unused by any player.

Archived