i know it may be the wrong part of the forum but i need help with skins

toon army 06

dont open it there... load up fm, go into preferences, display and sound, and then select your skin from the dropdown box... click confirm and it should load it up in the new skin

dont open it there... load up fm, go into preferences, display and sound, and then select your skin from the dropdown box... click confirm and it should load it up in the new skin

mate it is not even on the drop down menu either when i went to download it first i likeed open and then it downloaded and opened up i tunes then when i did it again but click save to save it in my skins it is there as a i tunes i con and it does not apear in my drop down menu for skins on the football manager preference bit.

you have unzipped it, havent ya?

It's a problem that happens a lot but there is always a cause somewhere, it's not a game issue. There must be a step you're missing out - a folder in the wrong place or something like that. If you've got skins working right in the past then it seems strange that you can't now. You must be doing something differently. Check the little things - there was one bloke on here for instance that had followed instructions to a tee only he had ticked 'use skin cache' rather than UN-ticking it.

Be sure the skin you downloaded is made for FM08 and that you're patched fully (8.0.2). FM07 skins will not work with FM08 and some skins might have 8.0.2 as a minimum version within their settings.

Try downloading a different skin too - see if that works and make sure they are installed exactly as your old ones. You could as a last resort try clearing your cache folders:

Go to the location that corresponds with your OS (you may need to 'show hidden files and folders' by opening 'folder options' in Windows control panel)

* Win 2K/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Win 98/ME: C:\Windows\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Cache\

* Mac OS X : /Users/<username/Library/Caches/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Cache/

* Win Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\cache\english

Delete all the SKC files then restart FM. You shouldn't need to do this if you're un-ticking skin cache and have 'always reload on confirm' ticked but as a last resort it might get things started.

try them things as well!! :thup:

Should have nothing to do with the patch.

I presume you're using Windows? If you right click on the file do you have an option saying 'Extract All...' or something similar. If you do then click that.

Skins need to be extracted from their compressed format (.rar or .zip) before you can use them.

Should have nothing to do with the patch.

I presume you're using Windows? If you right click on the file do you have an option saying 'Extract All...' or something similar. If you do then click that.

Skins need to be extracted from their compressed format (.rar or .zip) before you can use them.

i did this it is a i tunes icon i got another skin to work from another site i played one match with it and it affected my game the players looked slower and the passing looked worse as if the ball was harder so i got rid of it it was the black -in 2 vs 1.2.

Archived