Will you play FM2009 or you will stick with 2008/others?

Play 2009 or the other versions?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Play 2009 or the other versions?

• Yes, i will play FM2009 and drop FM2008
    • Well yes, i want to play FM 2009 but first ill try the demo
    • I can play both FM 2008 and 2009
    • No, i will stick to FM 2008/other versions

Its kind of a silly question.

Right now, im doing great with FM 2008 but 2009 is around the corner. The things is, im used to FM2008 and if 2009 changes more them i expect i may have trouble playing it dont know...

Well its obvious i want to try the demo when it comes out to see how it is, but i wont stop playing FM 2008.

will be trying to play both, and probably as unsuccessfully as in previous years... thats if this thing will even run fm 09.... i just dont wanna give up my career games.. but then i seem to have said that every year...

Shall be playing 09 as soon as it arrives on release day (or the day before ;)), this is mainly due to the fact that in previous years my current game on the almost out of date version is has usually come to an end although it hadn't last season with fm07 and i continued with that for a while with 08 unopened for a few days.

I could never play both or go back to an older version as i tend to want to be playing with the most up to date players and data.

I usually buy the game on release day. However, I'm really enjoying my current FM08 save, so if that stays the same, I might put off buying FM09 for a bit. But not for any reason other than that.

Shall be playing 09 as soon as it arrives on release day (or the day before ;)), this is mainly due to the fact that in previous years my current game on the almost out of date version is has usually come to an end although it hadn't last season with fm07 and i continued with that for a while with 08 unopened for a few days.

I could never play both or go back to an older version as i tend to want to be playing with the most up to date players and data.

agree......maybe in the future we dont need to but new FM every year but we can download the latest data from the website.....

It's a shame we can't bring old save games into the new version of the game. I really enjoy the FM'08 career I have going and am hesitant to upgrade and lose that history. It's a dilemma. Has FM ever had an import-previous-version-save-game feature?

I will pre-order fm09, however, like every year in the past few years, I will wait until at least 1 patch is released before playing it. Last year, I actually waited for 8.01beta before playing the game on a regular basis. I do not have that much playing time so would not want to start a game and then have to abandon it because the original issues have been fixed and then wait until the new issues are fixed in patch 2.

I'm not having a gripe, I love this game since cm97/98 but it's just the way it's been over the past few years.

I'll try the demo first,and probably wait for the reaction on here too. FM08 is the first time I've ever sold a game and gone back to a previous version, and I'm not prepared to waste my money again if FM09 is going to be a big disappointment too.

I'll be buying FM2009 for sure.

While i like 2008, the rapid decline of virtually every player once they reach 30 really bugs me.

As I mentioned in a previous thread a few months back, I'd like to see a few players like Kevin Phillips and Ryan Giggs having a little bit more than one season in them before they are considered worthless and only good for L2 and BSP.

I'm way too into my FM07 save (currently in 2058) to consider any other version. If there was a way to import...

That's exactly what I'm talking about... I like the way you play. Lousy to have to restart in 2009, turning back the clock on 50+ years of good gaming.

I'm sure I wont buy it when it is released because SI made it a habit; they release without heavy Beta testing then they need to make multiple patches to improve it and these usually come quite late. So if I read and hear positive comments I will buy it after christmas with discount price and by that time patch 2 or 3 should be out. Of course if SI suprises us and introduces some serious and interesting new features and a stable gameplay out of box then I may change my mind and buy it.

For me 08 was a disappointment. I bought it a week after release but it did not have enough new features compared to 07 in addition it was not stable before the patches. Eventually my FM07 with 2007 late summer data update was better than FM08. I was left in the middle I did not want to play the old game but new one was not appealing and it resulted as a year without a good FM play. I really hope SI will make 09 noticably better so I will get it sooner and start playing without hesitation. I have worries that they may focus more on FML and count on the fact their competitors still not close to them and 09 will be just a new skin with new player data but I also want to believe my worries are nonsense and SI will make the new version special.

Well

I will play the demos's of FM2009/CM2009/FIFAFM2009 and then decide.

Of course up until now FM has always won hands down but CM is getting better and last years's CM08 had some neat features but not enough to deter me from FM09. Whereas FIFAFM08 was glam and shiny, wasn't all bad but lacked that final touch which is the most important..gameplay/match engine.

Though I will be looking to buy cheap if FM09 is only an expansion of FM08 with a few new tweaks.

K..:-)

This thread has got my aniticipation up! I'm gonna move onto fm2009 and i'm currently trying to decide on teams to play as. I will start a game as the Posh as they are my local side, Hull City as i went to uni there and it looks to be a challenge but i also need to find myself a new sleeping giant since my old faves Man City seem to be having cash flow issues.

Archived