Sendings off

Am I right in thinking that after four sendings off in a match it should be abandoned?

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sendingsofffn0.jpg

Now before anyone says anything about cheating I'm playing on the "unattached players" database and signed the players legitimately. Portsmouth signed hardly anyone and ended up fielding their under 18s. But the result isn't the point.

I know games are abandoned in Scotland as I seem to remember a recent Rangers match about three years ago, but in England? Wasn't there a Sheffield United match where 3 players were sent off and the manager urged a player to (allegedly) fake an injury to get it abandoned?

Just a though for a future patch if it's not already in FM09.

I was always told that a team has to have at least 8 players on the pitch otherwise it is called off, watched Sunday league games where 4 players have been sent off and the game abandoned, IIRC never seen it in Pro games but this does seem like a big bug to me

^^

WHS, i've only ever seen it nearly happen with Rangers and Dundee (I think), the ref was a mentalist and sent a Dundee player off for kicking the post, even though it was the opposition Ricahrd Gough was pleading with the ref not to show a card :D

Archived