Playing wide?

Does playing a flat 4-4-2 work if your trying to play wide? iv tried playing wide but it just dont do any thing at all.

to get full backs to push forward yo uneed to play a narrow formation. playing wide they dotn over lap at all..

I play a 4-4-2 most of the time and I have set both my wingers as playmakers and set passing focus to down both flanks, this seems to work for me, I never have a problem with full backs pushing forward though, I just set their forward runs up and off they go

If I know I am playing on a small pitch, then I will actually change my tactic altogether, I know it isn't recommended by all the tactics boffins but it seems to work for me, what I will tend to do is spread my midfield out, put a DMC and a AMC in place of the 2 MCs and set the DMCs runs towards the centre circle, could be complete rubbish but it works for me, seems to make it easier cuz the DMC can sit back in space and take time to play it to the wingers

Know how that feels mate, took me a long time to pick myself up from it, mostly just little tweaks here and there until I managed to find a system that worked for me, the only other thing I can suggest, without having your game loaded in front of me for me to tinker with, is to run it by the tactics bods in the tactics forum, they will probs be much more useful than my drivel mate

I play a 4-4-2 most of the time and I have set both my wingers as playmakers and set passing focus to down both flanks, this seems to work for me, I never have a problem with full backs pushing forward though, I just set their forward runs up and off they go

Agreed - no problems with playing wide and my wingers are usually always top of the assist charts

Archived