Ineligible players and injured players

Don't know if anyone has noticed this before but on one of the Match Day screen's it tells you which of your opposition players are injured or ineligible. Does anyone take any notice of this as on a few occasions (not many granted) it might tell me that player xyz is ineligible to play against me but when you go to the opposition formation screen, that player is starting the game!!

If he is inelgible how the hell can he play! I looked into it a bit further and it seems to apply the following game after an International and that player had a 'Trv' next to his name so he is traveling. So if he is traveling on the day of the game, he cannot possibly be available for selection - can he? Theortically I suppose he could. But in reality?

The other thing is the injured players, On numerous occasions, it will tell me that 'abc' player is injured and yet on the formation screen - low and behold he is starting the game. Now, i understand that you can be injured and play - fair enough, but in reality would a team risk playing someone who is injured ( I know it does happen) but his condition was something like 60%!

Suffice to say I tried to take advantage of this and made sure my passage of play was directed at this fullback - but it did not make a blind bit of difference - I still won but during the game his condition only dropped by 10% and he palyed the full game!

Cheers everyone

i've noticed it as well, especially the "unavailable players" part... seems really off that theyre somehow able to play. i put it down to them actually being unavailable when the scout compiles his report, but by the time the match comes around, theyre actually available again...

Archived