Best way to spot Regens?

Scouting yourself helps. I sometimes go all around the "grey" world manually. Any player with good attributes at, say, 17, is likely to have a reasonably high PA - I've seen, for the first time, a 16-year-old with high CA and low PA at 89/122 which is a huge shame. Snap up anyone with good attributes and scout ones where you're not sure.

Even only above-average scouts spot decent youngsters, in my experience.

Each newgen "window" I set my search filter to maximum age of 16 for that region, then send my scouts to watch the 50-or-so most expensive ones. Those with decent stats already are your best bet. I have peeked using Genie Scout in the past and been fairly accurate using this method. But using cheat-programs leaves me feeling a bit dirty, so I stick with my more laborious method.

As many peole have already said, have your scouts set up in under 18's leagues, (or whatever lowest age group league is available).

And as for people getting picky over calling them regens/FREDS/newgens, does it really matter, it's pretty much the same thing no matter what you call them. ;)

You can also manually look at the pending transfers of other teams. Coupled with searching on value, high CA (in the right atts!), and scouting (several times if required for details), you can find many talents without using Genie. This is great, as in previous games where scouting wasn't so good, it was something of a crapshoot.

i have 5 scouts scouting regions, this is good if you trust your scouts insinct or not,....

upon cecking thier reports i pick the ones that stand out and check them against "filter out unrealistic...." then get a more advanced scout report on the ones that remain.

Or you could just bring in a heap of random players and trial them out:P i just spent $160,000 on 15 regens from throughout Europe

and then i got 10 players promoted to the youth squad, so trial and error for me this season

For me, i've had some success by doing my own player search. Do a custom filter for players aged between 15 - 19 and then sort the players by highest value first - its usually these players that turn out the best (from my experience anyway) And of course - scouting them too, just to make sure.

i do the bartman (sorry, that's just a terrible joke) and generally they are the best regens. when i downloaded genie scout, feeling dirty as it's cheating, i found that i'd already bought / shortlisted the most promising players anyway, so imo the player search is the best way

I've found that scouting world/continental u19 championships a good way to spot good regens, just put on your shortlist indefinitely and periodicly go back and have a look at them.

Sometimes just trawling through nations full/U21/U19 teams can pull up some good regens.

Personally I keep sending my scouts out every year to as many nations as I can and search for U21's, also I tend to scout individual tournaments aswell.

I've found some real gems doing this including two players who are currently tearing up La Liga for me as wonderkids. Of course I also end up with some players who don't make the grade, pass on certain players who go on to be the next £30million stars and sell players who then go on to show me up but its all worth it when one of those youngsters you've plucked from nowhere suddenly turns into a wonderkid!

Yeah... I normally try and steal anyone that looks half promising off of the big clubs around the world, normally a couple per season that I get that way. I have found some through random media things, clicking random teams when there are friendlies at the start of the season, any young player that looks half decent against me I have a good look at. Of course there is my first option feeder clubs (Hibernian is my main one). Then there is good ol' fashion steal any under 20 player that can actually play a first team role in a top league. It's worked for me so far. However whilst I've found a lot of talented young stars, I've also found a lot of ****!

ie. Angel: I found him at the age of 16 at Barcelona, he's now 23 and one of the best attacking midfielders/ forwards on the planet.

or Silva: A media thing came up talking about "the next Elano" or something (Elano had been one of the greats for my club) and yeah... Signed! Was definitely worth it.

Pereda my current wonderkid, had a great season at his previous club... at 17 years old- MINE!

Fredriksson: Spotted him at the age of 16 after he went to Tottenham, originally attempted to sign him, but it proved worthless as Tottenham wanted a rediculous sum for him. Then they were relegated, and returned and over that Jan (he was 19 by then) I snapped him up and he's now probably my best player.

Martin and McShane: Both from my Hibernian... Wow! Actually wow with these guys, got them at the exact same time and they've both become huge starts.

So yeah, hope that helps...

One thing I have found though, if a player is going to become class, he will be capable of playing in the first team from around 19-20 years old at least.

Archived