Too many offsides

I have a foward who's getting way too many offsides for my liking. From what I've observed he always seems to put himself in this position, he travels beyond the defensive line constantly, and it ends up with alot of his, and other player's, goals being disallowed. Is there anyway to fix this?

The obvious thing would be making sure his forward runs are set down to medium but i'm guessin it might already be like that lol. Other things which could affect it are having a very high attacking mentality so maybe knocking down that a notch or two might stop this.

Creative freedom being too high could also lead to this as well so if thats too high maybe knock that down a bit as well.

If they are genuine off-sides it's probably tactical. You'll need to issue specific instructions to him, such as his forward running. Perhaps look at your team tempo - slow it down a little or speed it up depending on what you currently play.

If the off-sides are mistakes, try kissing the refs' bottoms a bit in the media. "Ref was spot on etc". Might be my imagination, but I find I get a lot of disallowed goals the first couple of seasons, but as my rep changes I get less and less, and even score more controversial goals than I have disallowed. Not sure if this is considered an exploit of the game or what, but it seems to work.

Archived