In Dedication

To Mike's thread..Me and a few others sort of hidjacked his thread so....:D

How I nearly made a fool of myself in front of the lot of you..

I'd be quite interested to know if anyone else has ever done anything similar to this. I had something of a near miss recently when I almost posted a vociferous complaint, only to discover that I would have been wrong to. Luckily, I realised in time. Hence the word 'nearly' in the thread title.

So here's what happened to me. I was merrily watching the game process some results. I noticed Bolton Wanderers had gotten a decent away draw at Aston Villa, with El Hadj Diouf on the scoresheet. The crucial thing is, at this point, that all I could see was 'Diouf'. As it continued to process, I saw that Senegal had also played. And who scored for Senegal? Why, Diouf, of course!

I couldn't believe it. SI had let me down. It was time to share my indignation with the chaps and... chappette (Suzie MUFC?) over on the forums. So I began typing what can only be described as something of a rant. How could SI make a game, and then patch it twice, and still have players representing club and country on the same day?!, I raged.

However, I'm not the sort to hit the 'submit new thread' button without taking a moment. So I had a glass of Coke and checked my phone for texts. There weren't any. I only wanted one from my ex-girlfriend because I'm not over her. But that's beside the point. Having calmed myself, I loaded the game up and decided to check both results. They did indeed occur on the same day. Bolton's scorer was indeed Mr. Saliva himself, El Hadj. After that, I went over to the Senegal game and imagine my relief when I discovered that their goalscorer was not the Diouf we've come to know and love(?), but some other dude called Diouf.

Well, that was that. I got back here and hit the 'X' in the top corner and got these forums closed before my rant managed to post itself and my reputation for incisive, intelligent and insightful posts was forever destroyed.

Anyone else ever done something like this?

Oh, and I'm sorry SI. I automatically assumed you'd ballsed it up instead of staying calm and checking it out. I won't do it again.

Anyone else had situations like this??

saulty = FSW. ;)

Not needed, this thread, imo. And its not the first thread you've high jacked, is it my friend. ??? :)

1stly i don't know what FSW means :o...and 2ndly i wouldn't have any idea as to what you mean Nep i don't hidjack threads *whistles*

and Mike, don't worry i wont pee on your dog

& your hidjacking this 1 too :eek:

1stly i don't know what FSW means :o...and 2ndly i wouldn't have any idea as to what you mean Nep i don't hidjack threads *whistles*

and Mike, don't worry i wont pee on your dog

& your hidjacking this 1 too :eek:

I'm alarmed that you left out the part about walking into my house!

Archived