How I nearly made a fool of myself in front of the lot of you..

I'd be quite interested to know if anyone else has ever done anything similar to this. I had something of a near miss recently when I almost posted a vociferous complaint, only to discover that I would have been wrong to. Luckily, I realised in time. Hence the word 'nearly' in the thread title.

So here's what happened to me. I was merrily watching the game process some results. I noticed Bolton Wanderers had gotten a decent away draw at Aston Villa, with El Hadj Diouf on the scoresheet. The crucial thing is, at this point, that all I could see was 'Diouf'. As it continued to process, I saw that Senegal had also played. And who scored for Senegal? Why, Diouf, of course!

I couldn't believe it. SI had let me down. It was time to share my indignation with the chaps and... chappette (Suzie MUFC?) over on the forums. So I began typing what can only be described as something of a rant. How could SI make a game, and then patch it twice, and still have players representing club and country on the same day?!, I raged.

However, I'm not the sort to hit the 'submit new thread' button without taking a moment. So I had a glass of Coke and checked my phone for texts. There weren't any. I only wanted one from my ex-girlfriend because I'm not over her. But that's beside the point. Having calmed myself, I loaded the game up and decided to check both results. They did indeed occur on the same day. Bolton's scorer was indeed Mr. Saliva himself, El Hadj. After that, I went over to the Senegal game and imagine my relief when I discovered that their goalscorer was not the Diouf we've come to know and love(?), but some other dude called Diouf.

Well, that was that. I got back here and hit the 'X' in the top corner and got these forums closed before my rant managed to post itself and my reputation for incisive, intelligent and insightful posts was forever destroyed.

Anyone else ever done something like this?

Oh, and I'm sorry SI. I automatically assumed you'd ballsed it up instead of staying calm and checking it out. I won't do it again.

Lmao, top quality stuff, I have done similar stuff myself, not just with balls ups in the game but also due to my incredible skill for picking out parts of posts that offend me, I have also nearly viciously flamed someone even though what they were saying was completely innocous and something that I agreed with

Lmao, top quality stuff, I have done similar stuff myself, not just with balls ups in the game but also due to my incredible skill for picking out parts of posts that offend me, I have also nearly viciously flamed someone even though what they were saying was completely innocous and something that I agreed with

I often think about flaming some posters but then think against it, even when they deserve it :D

:D at Mr. Saliva

Never done it, no but I wish other posters would 'take a moment' before hitting submit!

Here here, that is a good call...

So I had a glass of Coke and checked my phone for texts. There weren't any. I only wanted one from my ex-girlfriend because I'm not over her.
Anyone else ever done something like this?

Im sure there are alot of people feeling your pain and have done that alot...

oh right umm i never post.... posts(?) alot of the time because i read through it and think "thats like his answer so it's pointless" or

"hang on i don't even know how to play as 'insert team here', what advice do i have"

you know stupid stuff

but feel free to make a fool of yourself anytime

Oh ye right...i think you should write a book Mike :thup:

I did once write a story in the Stories forum. That was on FM07, I think. I was managing Dinamo Moscow, but I didn't get very far because I had to turn my attentions to my Master's dissertation. As for a book, no one would ever want to read anything I have to say. Trust me, it's been established.

However, I'm not the sort to hit the 'submit new thread' button without taking a moment. So I had a glass of Coke and checked my phone for texts. There weren't any. I only wanted one from my ex-girlfriend because I'm not over her.
Is it wrong that this is my favourite part of the post?

+2 :) my fav

Why are people so..secretive on these forums :confused:

Wild stab in the dark, but maybe they don't want potentially millions of people to know too much about them? I know I don't, I don't even tell the missus what I'm doing most of the time

Wild stab in the dark, but maybe they don't want potentially millions of people to know too much about them? I know I don't, I don't even tell the missus what I'm doing most of the time

If only I had a missus to avoid...

You might be right :D

But why wouldn't you want your missus knowing what your up to :confused: :D

You might be right :D

But why wouldn't you want your missus knowing what your up to :confused: :D

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen, me old son

Always keep a woman on her toes, tis better that she doesn't know what you're doing so she can guess what you are up to, get all jealous and fawn over you when you next see her

PS. don't try this with a girl you know is violent, she will have your nuts for a necklace

i don't like the scary australian

Im not an Australian :| im a kiwi, just because of my location they just assume tis a shame

If only I had a missus to avoid...

there's a reference back to the original post. you're so not over it:P

I don't even tell the missus what I'm doing most of the time

I don't have to tell my missus nothing... everynow and then she googles me to check up on things

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA im so whipped

I wil take that advice into future life. ;)

It does work, to a certain extent, although when you start outright lying to your missus, that's the time to leave, you will always get stuffed

Anyways, veered wildly off topic here I think...........what is the topic? :confused:

googles you...eye up :confused: what life do you lead

Ye we have gone right Off-Topic and nothing to do with FM. My game has taken 1day 7hours and 40mins and im only in january. Thats because i've finally got it into windowed mode and spend more time talking to you guys than playing it. I've spoke to you lot more than ma m8's lately :D oh well...

Ok, we'll put our names into a hat whoever is drawn first gets to post first second name pulled 2nd poster, and so on and so on...

that way we all get a turn and all know what we're talking about, in the event of some just coming in and posting random, they shall be ignored and shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnned

i think we should het some kind of order going here..because some of our post just don't match up

yeah it has sorta descended into a gibberish session

My game has taken 1day 7hours and 40mins and im only in january. Thats because i've finally got it into windowed mode and spend more time talking to you guys than playing it. I've spoke to you lot more than ma m8's lately :D oh well...

Lol, know how you feel mate, night times is the only time I get free to play FM and now I spend a lot of precious FMing time on here, stayin up way later than I should and then not talking to anyone at work the next day cuz I'm too tired, almost set meself on fire once actually cuz of not sleeping due to FM

i have a 2 year old on my lap who has atleast a dozen caps we could use and he'd be somewhat impartial, or ask a mod:P

football manager 2008 rules

(just to make it game related)

That didn't make much sense in my head... :confused: ....are you saying you have a 2 year old player who has lots of international caps :curious:

and a mod would close this thread fo'sho

i have a 2 year old on my lap who has atleast a dozen caps we could use and he'd be somewhat impartial, or ask a mod:P

football manager 2008 rules

(just to make it game related)

I think a mod would be a better option, 2 year olds are famously fickle when it comes to being an impartial referee, can be swayed by bribes of sweets

I just won the ECC with Bristol City btw! :D

a mod would close this thread fo'sho

Quite surprised they haven't already to be honest

Archived