help with vista

Sorry, I was thinking about a different error :D I was thinking about the error you get when you don't have the disk in.

You ran the patch exe and still getting the error?

patch went to winrar extracted through winrar and it said updated files.install cd but still says please insert the original disc

instead of backup (4001)

I would do. If the disk is original and you've applied the 8.0.2 (which fixed this error, I think) then they would be my next step.

Oh, you could also try another disk in the drive, just to make sure it isn't the drive which is faulty.

Hello, I don't have the solution or so but I have a little item with (what I think) Vista.

I always play Networkgames, and now all of a sudden on my new pc that runs on Vista, there seems to be some troubles for the people who want to join the game. They continue to get the 'can not connect to server' message. The port is open and the firewall is not the problem too. Can it be my Panda virusscan or is the problem in Vista itself??

I have several games that use securom and will not run on both my drives (luckily all worked in one of the two so far), but as far as I can recall the OS did not make any difference.

There's apparently many potential solutions out there (I say 'potential' as none worked for me) if you google for them. I never got around to contacting securom though, as switching drives was less trouble. ;)

Archived