Injury variation Idea

Should this be Implemented in future releases?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be Implemented in future releases?

• Yes
    • No

My idea is that if you play a pre season game in a country like Africa there could be more chance of picking up an African injury or something like malaria which is mainly in Africa the same goes for where ever your team play.

At the moment I’m let to believe location has no bearing on different types of injury so my idea is simply that different places should have certain injury types that are more common in that country. Meaning the most common injuries in Spain would be different to the most common injuries in England. Obviously, this would not matter for certain injures like broken/fractured bones.

Well, then we'd need biologists to enter the FM company!

All jokes aside, I think it's not a bad idea, but purely cosmetic. How many times do you see a player coming down with a medical condition unique to the country he went? Sure it happened this season with Rooney and Carrick, but no one else evidently. Sars was rampant in Asia and none of the teams caught it.

Reason I didn’t put in the wishlist as I wanted to see if anyone saw much point or id just be filling the wishlist with rubbish ideas.

I agree it’s not the most important feature but if implemented right it could work well although it wouldn’t be a massively vital feature.

I meant to say region.

I don’t think it should be for every nation but more for countries which have different climates such as England and Spain but not England and France as they are to close.

Not just when you go on tour to different countries like the man u example but if you manage in different countries which although very small in terms of the game could make the difference of playing in different leagues even more clear.

Reason I didn’t put in the wishlist as I wanted to see if anyone saw much point or id just be filling the wishlist with rubbish ideas.

That is the reason why there is a wishlist(well good ideas anyway). If everyone with an idea did as you did and posted in in the main forum rather than the wishlist thread because they wanted to see if people liked it then the forum would be flooded and there would be no point in a wishlist thread because no-one would use it. :)

That is the reason why there is a wishlist(well good ideas anyway). If everyone with an idea did as you did and posted in in the main forum rather than the wishlist thread because they wanted to see if people liked it then the forum would be flooded and there would be no point in a wishlist thread because no-one would use it. :)

I could be wrong but I thought the wishlist thread was for posting several ideas you had about future versions of the game but say you want people's opinions on an idea opening an individual thread is more suitable as it has a much better chance of getting read by forum users. I am sure I saw that somewhere and I think it was from someone at SI but as I said I could be wrong.

Found it, this is what Ter said.

Gentleman - The Wishlist thread was started so that we didn't have several "My ideas for FMxx" threads as at one point there were 12 of them on the front page alone. Huge lists don't promote organised discussion and it's very hard to keep track of what is going on in them. We do look over the wishlist thread when it's coming to the time to discuss ideas for our next game though as well as the other idea topics that we've taken an interest in.

It's much better and I personally prefer a single topic about a particular idea where that idea or area alone can be discussed and other users can give their opinions and add to the discussion.

I think that means posting lists of ideas should be in the wishlist but discussing one particular area would mean it would be more suitable in a new thread.

Archived