Local Club for Local People....

Hi all

This challenge is designed to put an emphasis on local players and connections at the club of your choice. The aim is to take your selected club to as much success as possible using the following guidelines:

Affiliated Clubs

Links may only be formed with clubs that are situated within a 25 mile radius of your club. Any existing links with any clubs that do not fit this criteria must be cancelled as soon as allowed and no activity must take place between you and that club prior to cancellation.

Transfers

Players may only be brought in under the following circumstances:

1. The player was a youth product of your club (first club showing on history) who has since moved on

2. The player is currently with and must be a youth product of an affiliated club

3. The player was born within 25 miles of your club, providing your club is the closest league club to that players birth place

These criteria are seperate so as long as a player falls into one of the above 3 guidelines you can sign him.

As there will no doubt be few signable players who may add quality then the emphasis will really be on development of your academy players. When playing this challenge I aim to have a first team built up of as many youth products as possible.

You are allowed to keep all players you start with for as long as you wish. I would suggest a team below the premier league to start your challenge although it is entirely up to you.

I have chosen Ipswich Town as they are my local team. I have Woodbridge Town, AFC Sudbury, Bury Town and Chelmsford as feeder clubs.

I have made one signing so far, bringing Scott Barron back from Millwall to fill the left back void. I am also tracking Peterborough keeper Joe Lewis who was born in Bury St Edmunds.

Please post up who you are to start with and details of any transfers, feeder clubs and results.

Could I do this with Motherwell? Or am I allowed to put my local team in the third division (they're actually in the DB :D) and they play at the sports centre due to being amateur.

You'll be making it a hell of a lot harder for yourself if you were to go Motherwell. With so many league clubs about you'd only be able to sign players born in bellshill or motherwell given that Hamilton, Celtic and Clyde are so close.

Thanks for the positive response

Just to add - the affiliate club rule also applies to parent clubs. When loaning players in they must only be from parent clubs and must have come through said clubs youth system.

Hope you are enjoying it.

Archived