Penalty stats

This might of been mentioned before, but I aint seen anything in forever so here goes. My game is up to the year 2024. I've noticed a few things so far. Ignoring the fact I have to pay like 80mill for good players half the time yet can only flog them off for 20mill at best, my biggest gripe is the penalty stat.

I cant find ANY player with a penalty stat over 12. Whats the story with this stat not improving? Majority of my players have a half dozen 20s yet their penalty shooting is 8. Everytime I get a penalty I totally expect them to miss.

You think thats a problem? Andrea Pirlo on my AC Milan game has a penalty rating of 20. Out of the 5 penalties I have had in my current season, he has scored 0.

I had that problem with messi - he's got something like 18 for pens, and reasonable composure, but in 9 seasons he took something like 15 pens and missed every one of them, after i sold him he scored 2 for arsenal lol.

To the Op - there's an issue where pens are not included in set piece training, hence they never really improve. Fingers crossed it's sorted for 09.

I'm in 2027.

2 people have 17, 7 have 16, a few hundred (at a guess) have 15, and loads have 14 and below.

Obviously this is only people in my Player>Search screen, so their could be more with better stats. But to not have anyone on 20, is pretty odd.

I've actually tested this in a long term game. Here.

To the Op - there's an issue where pens are not included in set piece training, hence they never really improve. Fingers crossed it's sorted for 09.

Oh, that's a new one for me. Thanks for pointing it out - not that I actually use it to determine my penalty takers though, since usually the people with the highest stats for it are also the ones who miss them the most.

Stamina (while taking the penalty), technique/finishing and Pressure are the parts I look at, nowadays.

Archived