The Weekend's Footy

I listened to the Leeds game on LUTV. It was a great game by the sounds of it. We were all over them in the second half... Had me shouting at my laptop several times to bury the ball in the back of the net!

Well in that case, probably would watch it as if it were a pre-season match. Like Celtic and Dortmund, and it would add another trophy, it would be nice to win it, like any other trophy, but the important thing is, we would have either won the FA Cup or finished in the top 2 of the premiership.

Community Shield isn't pointless. What other country opens the season with the top League champions playing the Cup champions at the national stadium?

Pretty much every country I thought. Maybe not in the national stadium but Italy, Spain etc have the same thing.

It was fun to watch the game after no football for so long. And nice to see Manure fail to score against Pompey lol.

Hey LSD I watched the carling cup highlights last night Beckford looked a bit good, two of his goals were cracking, I liked the chip!

Even though Chester were poor he's defo a star in the making. I hope you can hang on to him, he could fire you back to the prem. Maybe I'm getting ahead of things, you probably don't think so though! :D

Hey LSD I watched the carling cup highlights last night Beckford looked a bit good, two of his goals were cracking, I liked the chip!

Even though Chester were poor he's defo a star in the making. I hope you can hang on to him, he could fire you back to the prem. Maybe I'm getting ahead of things, you probably don't think so though! :D

i was impressed with leeds and beckford in particular. I saw him a fair bit about 2 years ago when he was on loan at scunthorpe but he looks alot sharper now than he did then.

Saying that chester were awful. I bet their very happy about rotherham, luton and bournemouth losing points or they would be down.

Hehehe! Beckford banged in 20 last year... Looks like he is starting where he left off! Saying that, I've seen him play at Wealdstone (I live nearby) and he was almost always scoring. When Leeds bought him I was suprised to say the least but at the same time I was sceptical, the difference in quality of teams is immense!

Last night pretty much confirmed what Leeds fans knew from last year, he is quality! But hopefully his hat-trick will silence the minority of fans who say he is lazy!

Last nights result was almost set in stone, it should of been an easy game and it was. Some of the talent we have is unbelievable and, in typical Leeds "arrogance", I think we will walk it this year. :D

Martin is tipped for good things, playing well for the reserves but hard to break into the first team with the likes of giggs, nani and ronaldo in his way. ive got a feeling hes going to be a bit like eagles plays once and a while before being sold

So, technically speaking, there is a box at the end of the Man Yoo Academy production line and all the youth fall into it and are shipped of to other clubs without getting a chance?

I understand there are better players ahead of them but Howson is keeping Douglas out at Leeds :D

not really youve just got to reach a good standard look at who has come through scholes, butt, giggs, beckham, both nevilles, fraizer campbell, o shea, fletcher even wallwork, guthrie, chadwick to name a few

Archived