trouble settling in

Bought a quality Italian CB (as Spurs), however about a month later the slt icon appeared by his name. Turned out he was having trouble adapting to english lifestyle, thought given time it would change....9 months later it was still there, he hadn't even started to learn english! Was a decent player didn't really fancy getting rid so bought in another young italian in on a free in an attempt to make him more at home(was the only italian in my squad at the time). Two days later get a message saying he is 'adjusting to life in england'. Love it when common sense things happen in this game!

The second italian is pretty average and will probably only ever be no more than reserve player but I reckon its worth sacrificing £1100p/w to keep a first teamer happy.

well he felt alone in your team because he was the only italian

but yeap it's ridiculous for a player to settle so fast after 9 months of struggle

but at the other hand he needed a chating partner to hang out with

or he's personality was in contrast with your teams personality so he couldn't fit in

I've once had a player who couldn't settle in. I had players of his nationality in my team, I had a coach of his nationality, but nothing seemed to help. He didn't learn the language better than 'basic' and eventually he had 'homesick' in his concerns. Unfortunately, nobody wanted to take him on a loan, not even when I would pay all his wages. So, after 1.5 years of spoiling my first team chances due to him not paying attention - and later on, rotting in my reserves, I decided to put him on the transferlist. At the first transfer window, he accepted an offer from - you'd never guess - a team in a lower division than mine.

And he had absolutely no trouble settling.

Still didn't speak the language better than basic though, but that didn't seem to bother him anymore.

Another silly thing:

I bought Tomasz Kupisz from Wigan at some point in 2012. He was at Wigan since 2006 and has been going on loan to various English clubs. One would think that he would be learning the English language in those 6 years he's been staying in England, but all he got is 'English (basic)'! I've heard of people who're bad at learning languages, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

update - the 'friend' is getting offers for loans from teams in the championship, might have got a decent player by accident! wonder if i do let him go it will affect the other players' happiness?

It can, but I've only seen it if the player is good (i.e. Chilleni unhappy at the sale of Ronaldinho, in my game).

Archived