Work Permit (Very quick question)

Hi.

Playing with Burnley in EPL, year 2012.

Trying to sign Kaz Patafta, been playing for a french team, when I look at his personal details it says France - Already eligible.

However I still get denied a work permit. Shouldn't he have a French nationality?

Playing manager 08 with no patches.

IIRC, he starts off the game at Benfica and is only declared for Australia.

Are you sure he's fully eligible for a french passport? Four years to obtain a french passport since the start of the game seems like a quick turnaround to me. Five years playing in that country are required before the player can consider applying for citizenship.

3 years 4 years 7 years 10 years

------- --------- -------- -------

Belgium Spain Denmark Greece

Poland Holland Slovenia

5 years

-----------------------------------------------------------

Austria French Guyana Italy Renuion

Cyprus Germany Latvia Slovakia

Czech Republic Guadeloupe Lithuania Sweden

Estonia Holland Luxembourg Switzerland

Finland Hungary Malta

France Iceland Martinique

Ireland Portugal

Just because a player is eligible for a dual nationality it doesn't mean they have to take it. What nationality is he and how many caps does he have(Under 21 caps don't count towards work permit eligibility) and what league are you playing in? I would strongly suggest that you get the 8.0.2 patch it will fix a lot of bugs that your current version has. It is save game compatible so you won't have to start a new game.

I am playing in the English Premier League, He is playing for LOSC Lille Metropole. He has 11 caps and is Australian.

He is eligible for both Portugal and French passports.

Where do I get this patch and what else does it affect?

Ahh, ok. I thought if he had so many caps and his team (national) was in the top ?? teams he would qualify.

found this on the link:: what i was asking about

"Initial applications

To be eligible for a work permit:

* a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

* the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

"

Ahh, ok. I thought if he had so many caps and his team (national) was in the top ?? teams he would qualify.

found this on the link:: what i was asking about

"Initial applications

To be eligible for a work permit:

* a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

* the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

"

That's it. However, you can still sometimes win on appeal if your player doesn't meet those requirements. A real-life example would be Anderson at Man. United. He didn't have the necessary caps, but United successfully argued that he was too young to have been able to but was an exceptional talent. In FM, appeals are occasionally successful too, although you can't actually make a case.

I am playing in the English Premier League, He is playing for LOSC Lille Metropole. He has 11 caps and is Australian.

He is eligible for both Portugal and French passports.

Where do I get this patch and what else does it affect?

In real life.... Australia have been in the top 60(ish) since June 2004.

So the problem would seem to be that he's not made the 75% of games in the last two years... you had a look at why this might be?

The game should allow for time not available through injuries and suspensions as the rules state.

I think the pa of a player is also taken into account in the game, because playing in the english championship i managed to sign a 20 yo chilean with no full caps and about 20 U21 caps. he had 115 CA and 178PA.

He is 24 and commanding a value of $11,500,000 (AUS). He has 12 caps.

As I said he is eligible for both Portuguese and French passports.

Quick question, why would a player not want to take a passport?

The issue with Nationality is a well known one, and something SI are hopefully working on for FM 2009.

I've been looking at the issues out Citizenship/Nationality just out of curiousity in the past few weeks and found a few things.

In countries like Germany and Japan for example you can't hold dual nationality, so if you Japaneese and had the chance to take up a German passport, you would have to forfit your Japaneese nationality. I'm not sure if this is reflected in the game, or if it would affect your availability for the national team (i doubt it though) but would you give up your passport for that of another country? Many people wouldn't.

A soloution to this might be to become manager of Australia, make sure he gets his 75% of available games then offer him a new contract, or using FMM (i've personally never use it so can't give you any feedback on it)to change his 2nd nationality to French/Portugeese if your not advese to that kind of thing.

Archived